RPDR UK S5 E5

IMG_4147.gif

Awww. I really wanted her to win the whole thing too 😥 But she's so cool and charming, I'm not even mad. She's above the show, to be honest.

Really wanted to Kate to win the challenge.

This episode was both excellent and sad.

Sad at the result but love this cast.
I'm not a drag race connoisseur but think this year's line-up is really good - but there seems to be way less chat on Moopy than in previous years, has everyone given up on it?

I agree that this is a stunning season. Easily up there with the first two, with the potential to surpass it.

Kate Butch is my absolute favourite, though I can't see her progressing much further when the looks aren't quite there (at least compared to the standards from elsewhere). She's a star though. So naturally likeable and funny.

Oh but Banksie was no loss for me. DeDe to go next pls, as good as that mirror look was.

Still tracking comfortably over S3 and S4 for me, although this wasn't the best episode.

Sad at the result, but difficult to argue against based on the challenge and (particularly) the lip sync.

DeDe out next for me as well, please.

I'm not a drag race connoisseur but think this year's line-up is really good - but there seems to be way less chat on Moopy than in previous years, has everyone given up on it?
I know I've gotten the point where it's comfortably formulaic and there isn't really much to say. With a good cast that makes a fun, relaxing season, with a weak cast it makes a dull one. But either way not a huge talking point.

This is definitely the best season since 2, but I wonder if Big Brother has been eating into the live viewing around here?

That's part of it for me. There's SO much good stuff on right now. This week alone I've kept up with Strictly, Big Brother, Race Across The World, that Mamma Mia tat and Drag Race (and I don't even really WATCH much reality tv normally) plus Interview with the Vampire.

And I don't bother with them but I know there's also Married at First Sight and Bake Off happening too, plus all the standard PRESTIGE DRAMAS, and life/work. It's a lot. In past years I'd watch Drag Race UK live, whereas right now the earliest I even remember there's a new ep to watch is the Saturday after.

Last edited:
True; this is definitely the busiest time of year for that. And Survivor starts tonight!

Live TV is just far less of a thing generally, and declining all the time. If you look at the top episode of Big Brother for the chart I posted, only 37% of the audience watched live.

And even for Strictly, which skews far more heavily to an older audience, only 57% of the audience watched live.

I thought the panto was great!

Yes I was thinking this, there's just so much to watch nightly, thursdays is a struggle for me with Drag Race, BB and MAFS all on at the same time, something usually gives and its usually either BB or MAFS cos they are on nightly rather than weekly, and I either catch up on the episode or just miss it out

It really is Heaven and Hell
Being Halli-Halliwell :(

It's definitely one of the better UK seasons. Once drag competitions become oversaturated, we'll probably get "Real Drag Queens of..." and "Keeping up with the Drag..." Shows

Just catching up and I thought this was fucking great.

Definitely the best season in general I've seen in a good while; they're pretty much ALL likeable and Kate, Ginger, Michael and Banksie in particular are stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom