Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso / Album TBA

Feather has finally clicked with me, and I’ve decided I’m going to like her :D

This is pretty fantastic as well. Sabrina up :disco:

absolutely basic as hell. but quite boppy. are we already paying homage to the Say So/Kiss Me More era of disco pop??

Slinky summer disco-pop banger and song of 2024 I fear. :disco:

@Jark @Pipo @RJN

You know pop music has gone to the dogs when new songs in English sound like they were written for K-pop and then loosely translated on Google because this sounds so NEW JEANS/TWICE coded :confused: I like it anyway and just what she needs.

absolutely basic as hell. but quite boppy. are we already paying homage to the Say So/Kiss Me More era of disco pop??

hun, have you seen Shakira's latest video? It's literally Kiss Me More with Spanish lyrics :shock:

Oh GET OVER YOURSELF. It’s a bop and that’s that. The flirty 80s synths kind of set it apart, and her delivery is great. It’s a great pop song and summer hit.

Sorry it’s no MASSIVE ATTACK

It is a bit of an Ocean Colour Scene ripoff, but I do like this. Read Your Mind remains her MASTERPIECE

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 9.37.28 PM.png

this random comment on Reddit is exactly how I feel. Where are all the Ashley Tisdale fans??
@GNL only

Well this basic bop is a basic HIT and THAT'S THAT :disco:

#16 Global Spotify - 3,670,164
#7 US Spotify - 1,476,764
#12 UK Spotify — 313,778

Last edited:
3rd day Spotify gain

Global Spotify:

#10 (+7). Espresso: 3,601,225 streams (NEW PEAK)

Spotify US:
#4 (+3). Espresso: 1,345,683 streams (NEW PEAK)

Spotify UK:
#6 (+4). Espresso: 358,586 streams (NEW PEAK)

I watched the video last night. what a dead eyed CHARISMA VACUUM!

this is very very good indeed, if a little basic-leaning

I think she sells the shit out of it and she looks amazing :disco:

Fantastic gaining on Spotify, #10 in the first full midweeks but she should rise if she keeps this up.

Isn’t she the girl Olivia Rodrigo was singing about in Drivers License

#3 today on Spotify and gaining about 20% midweek day on day. I imagine unlikely this will challenge Hozier but surely it’s a lock for a long running top ten with this natural pick up?

Good for her this becoming a modest hit but it irks me this is the type of stuff Victoria Monet has been peddling for YEARS and she never gets this much attention :eyes:

She nearly caught the top five, and with streaming exploding she would this week but depends how Taylor does I guess.

Good for her this becoming a modest hit but it irks me this is the type of stuff Victoria Monet has been peddling for YEARS and she never gets this much attention :eyes:
You’re not wrong and actually I think this is probs the reason I’m not over-enemoured with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom