Sanremo 2021

How on Earth did this win the televote? :D I mean, don't they always go for the male/female soloist? It's the least likely San Remo winner.

How on Earth did this win the televote? :D I mean, don't they always go for the male/female soloist? It's the least likely San Remo winner.
The televote only counted for a third of the final vote.

They've been one of the biggest acts in Italy for a few years now, after taking part in the X Factor.

A decent winner, albeit in a strong year when the winning song wasn’t really a Casa de Soldi fave I can’t actually see Italy anywhere near my personal top ten once we’ve got everything in the mix (and providing they do go to Eurovision obviously) :shock:

WHO AM I?!

Usually not really my thing but I LOVE this. I think this will do well again for Italy.

They’re holding a press conference at 10:30am where it’s expected they’ll confirm that they’re taking part in Eurovision.

They won’t not say no but if they did then RAI just pick whoever they want.

The voting split results have been released. Looks like the public actually decided the winner for a change.

Demoscopic Jury + Press jury + Televote (Total)

Maneskin - 32.9% + 35.1% + 53.5% (40.68%)

Francesca/Fedez - 33.1% + 30.1% + 28.3% (30.4%)

Ermal Meta - 33.8% + 35.2% + 18.2% (28.8%)

Spotify Italy (I find these fascinating, even if they don't necessarily correlate with what wins)

1. Fedez/Francesca
2. Madame
3. Irama
4. Maneskin
13. Ermal

This doesn't include any time after the winner was announced (after midnight)

Quite a few have already charted despite only having been released on Wednesday/Thursday.

2. Francesca & Fedez
7. Madame
12. Annalisa
14. Maneskin
18. Colapesce Dimartino
28. Fasma
36. Coma_Cose
43. Noemi
47. Aiello
53. Irama
(61. Diodato - Fai rumore - re-entry)
63. Arisa

Even though (or maybe BECAUSE) it goes on forever, it's a weirdly intense experience and it does delight me that none of the songs are in English :disco:

Well it might be over but that won't stop me barking on about it :tongueout:

@win_the_game / @Soldi Do established Italian artists feel wounded when they take part and don't do very well or are they mainly grateful to be part of the Sanremo Esperienza and be given an opportunity to flog their latest album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom