Saturday is hungover and working...

Jark

User
...but the music of Japanese '70s electronic pioneer Haroumi Hosono is getting me through it :disco:

anyone got any more EXCITING PLANS THAN MINE today?

I woke up at 5am, then at 7am and rolled out of bed at 8.30am.

I can already tell my attempts at sleeping in during the next week will be woeful. :D

I have given up on any plan for the car to leave the drive this weekend. The main road that I live two streets away from is closed all weekend for roadworks and the suggested diversion route is many miles out of the way so all of the locals are using my street to cut-through. It's back to back cars out there, I was actually woken up by traffic noise this morning and I don't much like it.

Fuck today

2 sick teachers so I had 2 lessons added to the end of my day, including the last 6 in a row Zoom lessons so my eyes want to fall out.

was going out for dinner with a new guy, but that fucked the plans
AND THEN
the teacher at the new school job, who I met on Thursday for a meeting, had contact with someone who turned out to have Covid, so he is absent from school (sort of throws my debut lessons into chaos too)

and now I don’t have any idea if I have been potential exposed to it too!

FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK

I’ve just found out a chargeback I won on my old credit card has been reversed. What a fun bit of dull life admin for saturday.

I’m FUMMING this morning. I’m still back home because holidays and my mum was having some friends round today to sit in the garden, HOWEVER because it’s a bit cold she’s declared that they’ll be sitting inside instead :manson:

VERY TEMPTED to report them to the police :D

I’ve just found out a chargeback I won on my old credit card has been reversed. What a fun bit of dull life admin for saturday.

How is that fun? Isn’t it the other way around? Or was that the point?

AND WHY DO I CARE?

I’m trying to get £200 out of Curry’s via chargeback at the moment but Sainsbury’s are being spectacularly useless about it so i’ll complain about them too and probably get £200 out of them as well :disco:

I’m FUMMING this morning. I’m still back home because holidays and my mum was having some friends round today to sit in the garden, HOWEVER because it’s a bit cold she’s declared that they’ll be sitting inside instead :manson:

VERY TEMPTED to report them to the police :D
Sounds like a job for repeatedly walking into the room with an ostentatiously hacking cough.

got my work done after 3 hours and I'd like to leave the house but it's fucking raining, like always :( what to do today?

giphy.gif

I feel like we've done everything we can today. Housework, Drag Race, the shop, lunch...

This better be the last closed Saturday. I could have really done with a couple in the pub.

I've been awake for all of 45 minutes and I'm already feeling SO BORED. Its to rainy to do anything and I just feel like this day is going to drag

Walked the dog. On the way back home we passed a hairdresser that has a giant electronic ad board on the side which normally changes between car dealerships, replacement windows and all kind of other boring shite. Today it's an all-black background with Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, 1921 - 2021 in white writing. I suppose it's in case any of the people driving round the roundabout aren't aware yet.

I just went out to save my special needs neighbour from being attacked by two lads in their early twenties. One of them had left his moped outside the flats this afternoon and it seems some teenagers tried to nick it, breaking the steering lock. J (the neighbour) saw them and had come out to stop them. He has severe epilepsy and every fit he has destroys a bit more of his brain so all of us who've lived here for any length of time know that he's the most lovely, caring man who just needs a bit of patience to be understood but anybody who doesn't know him sees a middle-aged person shouting incoherently (he can't get his words out when he's emotional and his "inside voice" is a shouting monotone) and spitting.
Anyway, I heard shouting so I looked out of the window expecting to see the alcoholic resident from the other flat haranguing passersby from his window (not unusual for a Saturday evening) but I saw J and the two lads at the end of my drive all shouting at the same time. Mr F was in the toilet and I knew I had to do something to protect J so I ran outside quickly, got J's attention and told him to calm down, which he did. The lad whose moped it is had a big fat spliff in his gob and turned round towards me, so I just said everybody calm down a minute, put my hand on J's arm and asked him to tell me slowly what happened. He said he'd seen two teenagers rolling the moped across the road on its back wheel so he came out and asked what they were doing, they dropped the moped and ran off down the road. He was picking the moped up off the floor when the lad who owned it came out of the flats. Obviously the lad thought J was nicking his moped! Once we sorted it all out the lad was very apologetic to J, I was just thankful he didn't hit him. His moped's buggered though, the front wheel will only turn a little bit left and won't go right at all.

So that's my good deed for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom