Saturday is ready for its close up…

Sheena

ROMANCE
Morning from Stansted.

My flight to Nuremberg is delayed, I’m one pint in, about to have a second and haven’t eaten a thing yet.

Plus they’ve just started playing Des’ree’s Life.

This can’t end well.

I have a long lunch break and I’ve been watching the first series of Bake Off - still lovely. I don’t think I watched the first series so at least I don’t know who won.

I have learned some shocking shortbread factoids if anyone cares

Morning from Stansted.

My flight to Nuremberg is delayed, I’m one pint in, about to have a second and haven’t eaten a thing yet.

Plus they’ve just started playing Des’ree’s Life.

This can’t end well.

At least you can rely on Bavaria to keep the beers FLOWING.

There is a dachshund YELLING outside my window. So little LEG, so much LUNG.

Off to a gay house party in Somerset. In this heat.

Reactions: COB

I didn’t mean it as snippy as it sounded :D I mean it would be quite normal if nobody cared about shortbread facts!

Like how they used to be made from a bread dough (until the Scots put shitloads of butter and sugar in them) so that’s why it’s called shortbread.

And also they kept calling it shortBREAD to avoid biscuit & cake tax, just like Jaffa Cakes later did

I nodded off with YouTube on last night and woke up to discover I'd gone through about twenty episodes of T-Bag and T-Shirt while I was asleep :disco:
I hated that girl with a passion

BCC31E67-C4C0-42F2-A6AF-2C74E67BCF23.jpeg

And also they kept calling it shortBREAD to avoid biscuit & cake tax, just like Jaffa Cakes later did

There's no such thing as biscuit and cake tax, it's just VAT :D

Jaffa cakes are classed as cakes because cakes go hard when they go stale, as does the Jaffa "cake", and biscuits go soft when they go stale. Biscuits are zero-rated (0% VAT) unless they have some chocolate or chocolate-style coating so chocolate-coated shortbread would have added biscuit tax of 20% even though it's still called shortBREAD.

Don't even get me started on Pringles! :D

There's no such thing as biscuit and cake tax, it's just VAT :D

Jaffa cakes are classed as cakes because cakes go hard when they go stale, as does the Jaffa "cake", and biscuits go soft when they go stale. Biscuits are zero-rated (0% VAT) unless they have some chocolate or chocolate-style coating so chocolate-coated shortbread would have added biscuit tax of 20% even though it's still called shortBREAD.

Don't even get me started on Pringles! :D

Oh you know what I mean, I wasn’t sure if I should say VAT because this was a hundred or so years ago

And I won’t get you started on Pringles :D

Hi all. I have had a lovely few days away at a friends wedding down in Darlington and am now feeling a tad ROUGH. The change in temperature seemed HUGE compared to what it is here. It is boiling down in the North East of England so can only imagine how hot it is way down south.

I walked 3 minutes up the road to get a coffee in this heat and now I need a LIE DOWN.

I think Rita is the kind of woman that if she was being funny with you, you'd know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom