Scream 6

What’s your favorite poll question?

• Total voters
I’m not mad at them not returning. She’s got twins, let her live.

On the basis that Neve is out, I hope Hayden is somewhat stepping into her shoes (and not offed in the first 5 minutes).

I also wonder who the new ‘final girl’ is going to be - it feels like they were heading with Melissa Barrera but Jenny Ortega played a better part (in a limited role) and is a better actor. I guess Barrera has the back story.

I can see it working without Neve, bringing her back for 5 was a stretch that just about worked because of the plot device.

No Gale Weathers though…that would be a much tougher pill to swallow.

I can see it working without Neve, bringing her back for 5 was a stretch that just about worked because of the plot device.

No Gale Weathers though…that would be a much tougher pill to swallow.
Agreed with all of this. Gale does seem to be back - Cox casually mentions it in this interview yesterday - but it's messy how there's been no official anno yet: https://variety.com/2022/awards/news/courteney-cox-shining-vale-scream-6-1235285411/

Plot-wise, I guess it makes more sense that Gale keeps coming back (well, a bit more sense than it does with Sidney), and for my money Gale's the more iconic OG character.

I thought this year's film was brilliant. Probs my favourite since the first.

I don't care if neither comes back! They got rid of Dewey, now THAT was unforgivable. These girls surviving God knows how many gunshots were ridiculous and the other girl dying on top of the stove was a shark-jumping moment if there ever was one :D It looked like a bad SNL sketch.

I think now they’ve established Sid as a married mother of two it would be unnecessarily harsh to keep targeting her. She’s the ultimate final girl and bonafide serial killer of serial killers; she deserves a happy ending. Kirby can be the new series lead with Billy’s daughter dying in the opening scene.

It’s somewhat expected, I thought both she and Gale would take much reduced roles with Kirby (and possibly another returning character) coming back into the universe with Sid and Gale perhaps being tiny cameos just to nod.

But… to see that it’s down to salary negotiations and them not wanting to pay what she’s asking to return is very sad for me. The film made bank and she’s an absolute core part of that. You see tiny cameos from male stars receiving millions of dollars. It’s obscene money but that’s the industry so why should she as a female lead be short changed.

I do hope she returns at some point to close down the whole thing for good… maybe in 7 as a concluding second trilogy.

She will return in Scream 10 where she will be murdered and pass the torch to the twins.

I don’t know if I believe in the new generation quite enough to carry it without her and Dewey at all

I actually liked the lead girl in Scream 5 and had no issue with her acting, but it might be fun for new-Scream to have a different lead for each film. It would be a good way of acknowledging Sidney as Queen of the franchise while others get a little taste of it. But it could also be messy.

Hayden coming back is splendid, weirdly it doesn't feel surprising though. Very very happy the female Randy is back too. I have no idea who the core viewership of Scream 5 is/was but I would love for it to go all in and make Gale the lead. The Neve salary thing is sad, I mean I have no idea what her role would be this time but she's kind of vital even if it's cameo-based. Like surely you're going to make that happen after the last one was a success..

All I ask for this time is a more plausible KILLER. Tongue in cheek is one thing but bordering on parody with its reasoning tips the scales too much. I'd prefer a very rubbish "mum took you to McDonalds, all I got was cold toast so DIE" punchline over try-hard cleverness UNLESS it's as convincingly camp and ridiculous as Emma Roberts.

Still, the legacy of this franchise is so delightful to see be maintained and upheld like this how can we possibly complain (but we will)

Leaked photo from the trailer

049F7ED6-A0CF-4F7D-80D5-F2B9CD532E1D.jpeg

Major parallels with the cinema opening from Scream 2

It will be interesting to see if they kill off Jenna Ortega’s character this time because she’s become such a breakout star since the last time that keeping her in the franchise would be a wise move from an audience perspective. Though I can also see her being killed off because she can then move on to other things.

I do hope Kirby survives but there’s always one big death that is the most tragic and I think it could be her.

It will be interesting to see if they kill off Jenna Ortega’s character this time because she’s become such a breakout star since the last time that keeping her in the franchise would be a wise move from an audience perspective. Though I can also see her being killed off because she can then move on to other things.

I do hope Kirby survives but there’s always one big death that is the most tragic and I think it could be her.
The fans kept Kirby alive for over a decade, it’d be a bold move to kill her off.

Jenna dying in the pre-credits, however, would be a hell of an opening gambit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom