Shania Twain - Waking Up Dreaming & "Queen of Me" album

What in the post-divorce, introspective, self-help shit album HELL is this? :D

Best Friends is offensively bad, some songs sound like the aural form of a Hallmark movie. I guess Mutt Lange did all of the heavy liftings and took the bops with him.
We want more male bashing, anti-mansplaining and guy-canceling anthems Queen!

she really seems to be an incredibly well adjusted person and be in a very confident place in her life. I think you can see it, she's glowing.

love her. also she'll be a guest (not performing) on next week's Graham Norton.

#1 in the midweeks, but Raye is at #2 and presumably has more streaming power.

Last edited:
10345 Shania
6641 RAYE

only 297 of Shania's sales are streaming points so she made end up with 12-13k. it could be tight!

RAYE's streaming figure is "only" 1396 so it seems Shania's #1 is probably on lock :disco:

apparently this is looking at #10 US with 33k, which would be a similar result to Sam Smith last week. I guess it's format driven and that's the size of her fanbase - is the tour selling well? @POP!

apparently this is looking at #10 US with 33k, which would be a similar result to Sam Smith last week. I guess it's format driven and that's the size of her fanbase - is the tour selling well? @POP!
No idea how to check tour stats :o

I think that's a rather bad result for US. Now did 137k at #1, although it did collapse to #29 the next week. Maybe the variants/vinyl are delayed?

it's still Shania's to lose

1 Shania Twain - Queen of Me (13,642) [12,178 physicals, 480 streams] *
2 RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (10,176) [5,981 physicals, 2,362 streams]

they've done a great job pushing her vinyls and CDs. her sales will end up better than Sam Smith's last week.

Raye is doing signings which will help her a bit. Nothing against Shania but I hope she snatches it.

casually SERVING today at FOPP Covent Garden. queen's a hustler!

EA56A203-1E7F-441E-BDAE-E8767658636C.jpeg

Are there any new releases this week competing for #1? Is it possible RAYE could move up to #1 next week?

Final numbers aren't out yet for Billboard, but HITS has Shania at #10 with 37k. #9-11 are very close so could still miss the top ten...

Didn’t Wolf Alice make a big fuss too about beating Shania when she released Now and lost? :disco:

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Raye’s biggest competition is probably going to be Paramore I guess?

I could see her climbing. Shania will obviously have a hard fall this week.

I mean it's pretty arbitrary now given how low sales are in general. I wouldn't say she's got huge name recognition factor just yet, so possibly one solo smash hit isn't enough to get the album buyers in.

Probably worth noting that of the albums ahead of them, five are Greatest Hits and another four are long-lasting Streaming faves (Harry Styles, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi and Arctic Monkeys).

On pure sales Shania is at 3, Raye is at 10.
On streaming Raye is at 29, Shania predictably is nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom