Shaznay Lewis - Miracle/Kiss of Life + Pages (album 2)

Jark

User
file under "did not see coming". Shaznay's second solo album is coming out early next year. apparently lots of collabs including a Shola Ama (!) track. video shot already.

shaznay.jpeg

I'm here for 2024 being the year of the Sugababes, Shaznay and other classic UK SOUL VOICES!

Someone on PJ who’s heard it says it’s exactly the kind of material the Sugababes should be doing (When The Rain Comes, much as I love it, was not) so I’m intrigued

I feel a bit like she'd have happily continued with another All Saints album but the others wanted a rest. She wrote them all anyway, so why not get Shola onboard instead? :disco:

I know someone who has heard it and they said it is brilliant

Whatever Shaz Bags has in her bag, I hope it shatters me into a million pieces like this bad ass remix:

The Shola collab (shollab if you will) has been teased for quite some time - genuinely want big things from that one.

We’re definitely DUE some new All Saints material
the radio silence around them kinda suggests they quietly disbanded a couple of years back and never said anything? I remember reading that Shaz and the Appletons had unfollowed each other.

You is also beautiful but a not a single, it never going to get airplay really was it ?! Only just spotted that it is cowritten by Rick Nowels :o

I would have loved, and will continue to hold out hope for, another All Saints album. Talk about an actual successful reunion in a world where they can often be unsuccessful, weird or just plain embarrassing.

Both ‘recent’ albums have been WONDERFUL, and I got to see them on tour and absolutely loved it. They all seemed to genuinely love each other.

Melanie Blatt on Race Across The World didn't give me any belief that they were a group in any active sense. Or any sense that she derived any particular enjoyment from it.

Last edited:
Yes, Mel didn't seem to be into singing at all from Race Across The World.

Interested to hear what a solo Shaznay offers up. Heart Made Me a Fool was the one from the first album.

I would have loved, and will continue to hold out hope for, another All Saints album. Talk about an actual successful reunion in a world where they can often be unsuccessful, weird or just plain embarrassing.

Both ‘recent’ albums have been WONDERFUL, and I got to see them on tour and absolutely loved it. They all seemed to genuinely love each other.

I remember at the time they were touted as a ‘cool Spice Girls’. In all fairness looking back they never made near as much as an impact although the chart stats say otherwise. It’s weird because I remember them coming out and being massive at the time but even with their 4 or 5? Number 1’s they are destined to be headlining Rewind in the future.

I still find the Spice Girls comparisons laughable. Other than them both being from the same era in time, the two sell entirely different products.

All Saints sell music.

I remember at the time they were touted as a ‘cool Spice Girls’. In all fairness looking back they never made near as much as an impact although the chart stats say otherwise. It’s weird because I remember them coming out and being massive at the time but even with their 4 or 5? Number 1’s they are destined to be headlining Rewind in the future.

They fucked themselves over by becoming tabloid stars, falling out and breaking up at the height of their success.

They would never have reached the point of cultural zeitgeist that the SGs had, as that was something beyond a pop group - success is incomparable with them. But they could have had a longer career and more hits.

Still, for the fans the two comebacks means that they’ve carved up a healthy catalogue - all 5 albums have a hell of a lot to offer.

I still find the Spice Girls comparisons laughable. Other than them both being from the same era in time, the two sell entirely different products.

All Saints sell music.

They SOLD music. They struggle to sell anything now.

They fucked themselves over by becoming tabloid stars, falling out and breaking up at the height of their success.

They would never have reached the point of cultural zeitgeist that the SGs had, as that was something beyond a pop group - success is incomparable with them. But they could have had a longer career and more hits.

Still, for the fans the two comebacks means that they’ve carved up a healthy catalogue - all 5 albums have a hell of a lot to offer.

I definitely agree that they could have had a much longer career as they were just getting better and better. The singles from Saint & Sinners were FANTASTIC.

I just find it strange that for a girl group who were so big in the 90’s that they now struggle to sell anything. You would even assume for a legacy act that they would be able to have quite substantial tours.

I definitely agree that they could have had a much longer career as they were just getting better and better. The singles from Saint & Sinners were FANTASTIC.

I just find it strange that for a girl group who were so big in the 90’s that they now struggle to sell anything. You would even assume for a legacy act that they would be able to have quite substantial tours.

I wonder if there's a degree of them just not being very high profile individually, so there was never really anything to keep a fanbase engaged in their downtime.

If you're a Spice Girls fan, there's always something going on with one of the members at least, but All Saints basically dropped a solo album each and bounced.

They had 2 successful tours on the back of the two latter albums. They’ve actually done better than most of the reunion pop groups in that respect. I just don’t think it’s possible for most 20yo pop groups to repeat their success over again. It happens now and again, but only when the starts align and they don’t leave it too long (Take That)

They had 2 successful tours on the back of the two latter albums. They’ve actually done better than most of the reunion pop groups in that respect. I just don’t think it’s possible for most 20yo pop groups to repeat their success over again. It happens now and again, but only when the starts align and they don’t leave it too long (Take That)

They weren’t big venues though. For a legacy act with 5 number 1’s and 9 Top 10’s I would always assume they would be BIGGER which has miffed me somewhat. It is unlikely they will do anything again as group unless it is self funded, surely.

Well look at Sugababes - just as successful and with more longevity and it’s unlikely they’ll have another hit or a big arena tour. S Club and Five reunions have been a bit tragic, with or without band members leaving. Steps have had a good run but they’ll never have a big hit again.

There are so many R&B groups from the 90s also who have sold millions and millions of albums and they’re just legacy acts now as part of various touring groups.

It’s just a different time.

All Saints sell music.
I would argue Spice Girls had more properly great songs than All Saints during their respective initial runs! and not by a close margin, teebs.

Well look at Sugababes - just as successful and with more longevity and it’s unlikely they’ll have another hit or a big arena tour. S Club and Five reunions have been a bit tragic, with or without band members leaving. Steps have had a good run but they’ll never have a big hit again.

There are so many R&B groups from the 90s also who have sold millions and millions of albums and they’re just legacy acts now as part of various touring groups.

It’s just a different time.

I didn’t ever look at The Sugababes to be as big as All Saints in their different eras but you are right when you look at their discography.The Sugababes were never a big touring force but sold shit loads of albums and have an impressive little discography on their hands. Were All Saints the same, as in not a big touring act? I remember Saints and Sinners was seen as relative flop when compared directly to their first album, and then obviously Studio 1 was a major bomb.

I don’t think they’d built enough momentum at the time to know if they would be a sustainable touring act. File them under “we’ll never know now”. They became better known for tabloid fodder than music unfortunately and in hindsight their peak run was very short.

Even Girls Aloud, who I think will reunite with a ton of goodwill, if they ever released new music they would struggle to get a hit. They’d do well tour wise though. Their run was much longer and therefore more prolific. And their breakup wasn’t as long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom