Sia - Chandelier

BUT I'M HOLDING ON FOR DEAR LIFE...

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
A massive slow-burn that spent almost a year in the charts, what do you make of Sia Furler: The Elusive Chanteuse's breakout hit now?

Last edited:
Very much an also-ran at first, but you're right, it's a slow burner and I think it will rightly be remembered as a total classic for years to come.

Clearly a good song but not one I would ever choose to listen to

This is the point where I started to really hate Sia's voice and personality despite quite liking her before

The chorus/post-chorus that keeps on giving that it only needs to happen twice (instead of the usual three chorus format), it's quite shrill but I don't think it would work any other way, or for any other artist for that matter. I love that it's turned into one of the bigger sleeper hits of the past year or two.

it's a brilliant song. i really hated the intro (party girls...) and i hate that it's one two three drink (right?) (and still kinda do) but everything else more than makes up for it.

the chorus is immense and the "i am holding on for dear life" bits are something else.

video is ace as well.

i'm fatigued of it but it's no doubt a classic in my books.

I was singing this this morning for some reason and remembering just HOW good it actually is. An instant classic for me, and one that will be around for some time yet...

The more I hear it, the more I hate it. It's a lesser version of Diamonds and her voice is incredibly annoying.

I was singing this this morning for some reason and remembering just HOW good it actually is. An instant classic for me, and one that will be around for some time yet...

Yep. I got goosebumps the first time I heard it. It's an absolute classic of a pop song.

The more I hear it, the more I hate it. It's a lesser version of Diamonds and her voice is incredibly annoying.

I assume you haven't heard the album then? There are other songs that do sound like lesser versions of Diamonds, like Fire Meets Gasoline springs to mind but that doesn't make them bad songs at all.

I don't like her, her voice is really jarring when she does that lazy marbles in her mouth thing and that's before we mention the ridiculous album campaign concept. This is a good song though and a right earworm, but yeah not one I would choose to listen to. Titanium is clearly the best thing she'll ever do.

I prefer Elastic Heart and hated this for a while, but I do like it now.

I still wish she'd release Burn the Pages though. WHAT A SONG!

I don't understand how anyone couldn't think this is perfect. I'd go as far as saying that it's perhaps the song of the century!

Last edited:
I find her vocal style annoying and her irritating. But this is an absolute modern classic of a song.

I haven't paid much attention to the original after coming across this opus a few months ago:

:o :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is obviously one of the best pop records of the early 10s.

I've recently been enjoying the Scott Bradlee version. I just went to Youtube a clip of it, but it has a clown in it and fuck that.

This has brought back nightmares of that bomb of a film she made.

It's jaw droppingly awful and of course features her lovely muse Maddie From Chandelier giving us a wonderfully offensive performance :)

Nice song, good for a throwback but Sia has been an unbearable being ever since 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom