So it looks like the S Club revival is really happening...

VoR

Take it or leave it
Tour + Greatest Hits on the way.

NOT AS GOOD AS STEPS, S CLUB JUNIORS WERE BETTER etc.

S Club 7 have reportedly secured a seven-figure deal to reunite later this year.

The 'Reach' group are said to be planning a series of UK gigs in the summer, as well as the possibility of releasing two albums, including a new Greatest Hits collection.

The group consisting of Hannah Spearritt, Paul Cattermole, Jo O'Meara, Rachel Stevens, Tina Barrett, Jon Lee and Bradley McIntosh have reportedly decided to reunite to coincide with landmarks events in the UK this summer, such as the Olympics and Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.

"The guys have been inundated with approaches and offers over the past three years, but always said no," a source told The Mirror.

"But following a series of talks and meetings, they decided to go for it. What with the Olympics coming up and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert, there's a real British feel-good factor at the moment."

The insider added: "The band figured it was a case of now or never. And if the gigs go well there is the option to release a new album, plus a Greatest Hits.

"Everyone is really excited - and frantically getting back in shape".

S Club 7 were rumoured to be planning a comeback - including a new TV show - late last year.

Digital Spy users voted S Club 7 as their most wanted group to reform following other high-profile acts on the comeback trail.

Steps made their own comeback last year to great success - including a number one album and announcement of a UK tour.

S Club 7 achieved four UK number one singles, a number one album and over 17 million record sales worldwide during their five-year stint.

I can't help feeling that they're just going to wind up as East 17 to Steps' Take That.

As the former #1 S Club fan on Dotmusic:

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Last edited:
This is one G-A-Y perf I won't be waiting to YouTube in the morning :disco:

Tina has tweeted: Hmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!

To which Jo replied: hmmmmmm indeed

PS Still wouldn't

twit_crop.jpg

AS IF any label would splash seven figures on these LOSERS

Seven figures obviously means they're being paid different amounts, from Rachel Stevens (£20,000) to Tina Barrett (£40).

Does this mean the Tina Barrett buzz tour of small venues before her arena spectaculars has been put on hiatus?

Last edited:
S Club 7 proving that it's so much easier to do reunions when none of the individual parties are having any SUCCESS!

Both Jon and Hannah have principal roles in big West End shows (Jersey Boys and One Man, Two Guv'nors respectively) at the moment so NOT QUITE FUNKS!

Hopefully Paul will join a gym, I mean he now has something to motivate himself

Is Paul looking any better nowadays? I figured he was a bit ill in those reunion shots.

I used to love Tina.

Sorry dUb, I don't think Moopy will be CLAMOURING for an S Club forum :(

Fucking hell :D :(

But anyway WHY is this in POP TOILET?

Last edited:
I think if he lost a lot of the weight he could look alright again. He looks okay-ish in some shots.

wenn_sclub_1.jpg

He would obviously look better if he lost some weight, but I think he just looks unhealthy. His size itself isn't that horrific, but his skin and everything just looks terrible.

He's one of those unfortunate people for whom the weight all goes to his FACE.

Thinking of it now, last week I fucked a guy who looked a bit like Paul* :o

* in the photo Iggy posted :(

Hannah looks like that blonde woman from the Bill that is now a Loose Woman

He would obviously look better if he lost some weight, but I think he just looks unhealthy. His size itself isn't that horrific, but his skin and everything just looks terrible.

What is wrong with his skin other than there is lots of it?

What is wrong with his skin other than there is lots of it?

*boom tish*

It just looks really grey and tired - probably from too much booze, too much fatty food and not enough vegetables.

Paul looks like he has eaten Craig off X-Factor in those pictures.

You're offering up "Hopefully" as cast-iron PROOF? I'm going to need more than that VoR. Thanks though.

*boom tish*

It just looks really grey and tired - probably from too much booze, too much fatty food and not enough vegetables.

I'm not sure how you deducted that from the picture. His hair is greasy, that's about it. His skins looks fine.

While I enjoyed the vast majority of their output, their albums were a BIT DODGE.

I believe one could justifiably call their Singles Collection "stonking" however.

And they were much, much more appealing to me than Steps were. I realise I'll be in a minority with that.

Last edited:
I think singles wise they were POSSIBLY more consistent than Steps, but the two groups were really quite different because Steps have some great album tracks and always did a full album campaign. S Club 7's singles were nearly always the album highlights and at most they released 2-3 singles from their albums.

For me the problem with their singles is that they almost all sounded like cheesy TV-show tie-ins; which of course is exactly what they were. I don't think they stand apart half as well as Steps finest moments.

Also they really suffer from not having a Lisa Scott-Lee figure. Where's the HEART, the SOUL, the DESPERATION? It was just 7 jobbing stage school kids. Even though the other 4 Steps members were basically in it for the money, Lisa gave you someone to root for, or at least pity.

They were stage managed puppets in every sense. The only flash of them revolting against their programming was when Tina got her gash out but even that was towards the end anyway when nobody really cared.

There doesn't seem to be ANY story behind-the-scenes either. Look how JUICY the Steps reunion was, mainly for H's Machiavellian plans involving poor impressionable Claire.

Jo crying in an Adidas cap to Fiona Phillips isn't really the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom