Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Breaking The Circle / Hana

I’ll definitely get the album, I loved ‘Familia’ though I did read a lot of gay grumbling about it. It does IRK me when an artist essentially tours England and calls it a UK tour.

Familia was so bloody long ago. I really like both Harcourt albums, though certainly don't object to her going a bit more pop and synthy.

Familia was so bloody long ago. I really like both Harcourt albums, though certainly don't object to her going a bit more pop and synthy.
Me too, they’d be in my top 3 SEB albums along with ‘Trip The Light Fantastic’.

@Jark Sohpie is playing in Guadalajara in MAY. Fancy a MEET UP?

e3ec2e859866181b2c4ec066f636e282.jpg

That is tremendous :disco: I like how it sits right in the middle of her Discotastic and Indie sensibilities.

I really like this. It has a bit of the feel of Wild Forever, but is a stronger, more polished song with more going on generally.

zPl2CHRl.jpg

Japanese for “flower” - 花

Album tracklist

A Thousand Orchids - 4:35
Breaking The Circle - 4:13
Until The Wheels Fall Off - 4:07
Everything Is Sweet - 4:49
Lost In The Sunshine - 4:03
Tokyo - 3:23
Beyond The Universe - 4:13
He's A Dreamer - 5:05
Reflections - 3:21
Hearing In Colour - 4:00
Broken Toy - 3:31
We've Been Watching You - 4:37

The bundles are attractive to be fair. Is that the final artwork? It was described as a placeholder originally.

Quite an epic sounding version of Breaking the Circle:

She also did a very nice cover of Open Your Heart. Looking fabulous as well.

I just love her voice, it is so unique and when it hits the sweet spot on the right material she really can soar. There is no one that sounds quite like her.

I'm rather late to the party, but Breaking The Circle is really MUCH BETTER than any SEB single in 2023 has any right to be

It's really how I wanted the last Abba album to sound

It's so THOROUGHLY IN KEEPING that Madame is on the sofa through most of this

Reactions: LTZ
Everything is Sweet is lovely indeed. I assume it is just a grat track based on the length and lack of edit. Presumably there will be another single pre-album.

Oh and :D

This single is just lovely, like she's come a bit full circle and sits right in the middle of everything she has done and where she is at her best. Similar sound to 'Today the Suns on Us' or 'If You Go' - album sounds very promising

Debating whether to listen as like EBTG I want the album to seem new when I get it. I suppose three out of twelve isn’t too bad.

I’ve been mostly checked out of SEB for the last couple of albums, a few fun moments aside - but wow at Everything Is Sweet?
The most instant and brilliant thing I’ve heard from her since probably Bittersweet?
It’s the sort of melancholy electronic nonsense I want from her.

The lyrics are SO GOOD/sad too:

Everything is sweet and lovely
And nothing bad ever happens
Maybe then you would love me
And my smile wouldn't hide the sadness
Take me to a place enchanted
Take me to a heavenly fortress
Where everything is sweet and lovely
Tell me that you dream about us :(

Some pretty shots but a rather low key video for Lost in the Sunshine:

I've been listening to the remix lately but a reminder that the original is lovely too.

She did an IG live last night which suggested that Mickey is in his difficult era and she has ordered an 'I blame Ed Harcourt' t-shirt (this was in response to a comment that her material up to 2005 or something was best).

Also for an enthusiastic like for Padam :disco:

I hadn’t realised that this was out next week.

I wonder who’ll win between her and Louise in the epic chart battle for one week at #8 before dropping out entirely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom