Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Breaking The Circle / Hana

I knew she was doing Glastonbury this weekend, but I didn't realise she was playing the Pyramid stage. :o She really has graduated to the big leagues!

Hope iPlayer has her full set. She's playing on the Sunday at 12.15.

Last edited:
OT: Dr Fox was the host for the evening and the (admittedly magnificently ridiculous) girl on the table next to me screamed "Quick, grab me 'andbag, love, I want a photo" and ran off after him. When I expressed surprise at this turn of events, she told me, quite simply, "Oh, he's bound to eventually be done for being a nonce and that photo might be worth something one day if he is." :D

Slightly OT: She's performing three tracks and turning on the BLACKPOOL IMMUMINATIONS in September :disco:

• Love
Reactions: VoR
From her Instagram it seems like she has been doing a festival or two every weekend this summer. She's a worker.

Well this is very enjoyable:

An understated Robbie actually sounds great with Sophie.

I guess they’ve buried the hatchet since that time he said she had fat ankles then…

I didn’t know he had said that, i know he tried to publicly embarrass her at an awards show when he asked her on stage “why the wide face?” tosser.

Seems they've sorted it all out.

SOPHIE Ellis-Bextor has buried the hatchet with Robbie Williams 20-years after he said her face "looked like a satellite dish".

The singer 39-year-old and The X Factor judge, 44, fell out after Sophie declined a support slot on Robbie's first solo tour.

Rubbing further salt into Robbie's wounds, Sophie labelled him a "tart" and a "prat" leading Robbie to hit back with an insult of his own.

Getting personal he said Sophie had "a face like a satellite dish and my nan’s ankles," before going on to apologise.

Speaking to the STOP FUCKING HATE, Sophie said: "I think I need to apologise to him.

"We had this slightly weird altercation when I hadn’t really worked out that there are things you say that sound quite funny to your mates but in black and white it just doesn’t look good.

"He was right to be cross. I have apologised to him once before, and he was really sweet about it, but I’ll do it again one day. I’m not very proud of it."

In mature, self-deprecating fashion, she added: "He was sort of right about them – they are granny’s ankles… but it’s my granny."

National treasure Sophie taking the high road considering his quite personal insults, even if she did weigh in first. She's practically a saint these days.

• Care
Reactions: VoR
No we don't want a version of Kids with Robbie and SEB. No. No. Nope.

She’s being very gracious about it, but having not seen the doc was there REALLY any need for him to dredge up something mean a 19-year old Sophie Ellis-Bextor said about him 25 years ago?!? :D

Surely there were higher profile people saying far worse things about him then and now.

Last edited:
I see the tour started tonight. If anyone sees a setlist, please let me know.

According to the ad on her website, half the dates have sold out, including Bristol which was only added a fair bit later. And that Cardiff venue has been upgraded from the 2k capacity St David's Hall to the 5k Utilita Arena, although that was due to St David's Hall being at risk from crumbling concrete. Hopefully she'll get a good crowd in the arena, although it is a smaller one.

Blossom of the Night is quite lovely.

She did keep the deluxe quiet. I assume there is no prospect of a physical release... I think I'd bite for Hypnotized.

Mandy is ridiculously excited about the tour, we're seeing her in Portsmouth in a couple of weeks and it's literally all she can talk about, in between excited outbursts about Girls aloud. She's such a gay man.

Reactions: GNL
Mandy is ridiculously excited about the tour, we're seeing her in Portsmouth in a couple of weeks and it's literally all she can talk about, in between excited outbursts about Girls aloud. She's such a gay man.

I didn't get tickets as I thought I was away but a friend has sold me theirs so we're going now. Let's get together for a RIGHT OLD BITCH with OUR MAND. Who let's face it, is my favourite now anyway... :disco:

I didn't get tickets as I thought I was away but a friend has sold me theirs so we're going now. Let's get together for a RIGHT OLD BITCH with OUR MAND. Who let's face it, is my favourite now anyway... :disco:
She keeps saying to me "are we meeting Dan for a drink, have you messaged him, are you going to".

Jesus Mandy, make your own friends :angry:

But yes that sounds good, we're coming over for the whole day and night so free anytime!

Wasn't Mandy a bit NERVOUS of meeting Sheena when I saw you here at Pride?

Wasn't Mandy a bit NERVOUS of meeting Sheena when I saw you here at Pride?
Yes she was :D not anymore, she talks about him as if they've known each other for years, "oh Dan would do that, let's ask Dan, I think Dan would like that" :rolleyes:

I see the tour started tonight. If anyone sees a setlist, please let me know.

According to the ad on her website, half the dates have sold out, including Bristol which was only added a fair bit later. And that Cardiff venue has been upgraded from the 2k capacity St David's Hall to the 5k Utilita Arena, although that was due to St David's Hall being at risk from crumbling concrete. Hopefully she'll get a good crowd in the arena, although it is a smaller one.

1. Sleigh Ride
  2. Music Gets the Best of Me
  3. Take Me Home
  4. Hypnotise
  5. Bittersweet
  6. A Thousand Orchids
  7. Lost in the Sunshine
  8. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
  9. Last Christmas
  10. Dancing Queen
  11. Get Over You
  12. Merry Christmas Everyone
  13. Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
  14. Christmas Wrapping
  15. Crying at the Discoteque
  16. Like a Prayer
  17. Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer)
  18. Murder on the Dancefloor
  19. All I Want for Christmas Is You
  20. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Very Christmas and :( about the lack of Breaking The Circle but hopefully theres a Hana tour...

Saw her tonight - a slightly different setlist to the one above.

I could honestly make a case for it being one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Utterly joyful.

Saw her tonight - a slightly different setlist to the one above.

I could honestly make a case for it being one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Utterly joyful.
Good to hear. She really has morphed over the years from someone who was a little awkward on stage to an engaging live act. She’s really either learnt her trade or just been able to be herself well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom