Speaking to robots

Nancy

Don't phone, it's just for fun!
Which robots do you speak to? By robots, I mean anything that is electrical and will listen to you if you speak.

I speak to Alexa. I also speak to my Sky remote, but I get frustrated when talking to it as I have to speak slow and clearly about what I want

He is like talking to a GRUNTING ROBOT these days, but other than that Alexa, and sky remote. Siri occasionally..

Siri on my iPad but I always end up arguing with him. I also speak to any robots I see (Alexa, Google things) when I go to other peoples' homes.

I had Google Home but if it tried to read out any Japanese names it was total nonsense so I gave up

I rarely use Siri, tbh, only when I need soothing tones. We have an Alexa in the kitchen, but shes a bitch, and deffos hates women.

We have the Google speakers and are always telling them to play music, turn lights on off and so on.

We have the Google speakers and are always telling them to play music, turn lights on off and so on.
I hope you ask politely. I find Alexa works a lot better if I say "please" and "thank you" to her.

• Care
Reactions: COB
I'm a total luddite. I won't even talk to my PHONE.

I hate it when someone says "Alexa" on TV and my Alexa thinks they are talking to her.

I scream at my Alexa whenever I ask it to play ‘YAGYA’ and it starts playing ‘YAKKITY YAK’.

HOW. MANY. TIMES. :argh:

I scream at my Alexa whenever I ask it to play ‘YAGYA’ and it starts playing ‘YAKKITY YAK’.

HOW. MANY. TIMES. :argh:
Yes, I'd have liked some sort of AI element where it learns I'm a gay and probably want the Eurovision song Hold Me Closer not a David Essex song of a similar name. It's also terrible for not understanding anything that's not English.

My Siri is an Australian man and he's very UPBEAT

He can't understand me though which is so infuriating I just never bother.

I think my Alexa has a second job as a self service checkout in Sainsbury's.

Not much as I don't have a good intuition for what they can or can not handle. Once I realised Siri was able to set a timer, I asked her to send a wire from my spending account to my cousin and she said "This function is not yet supported."

My Siri is an Australian man and he's very UPBEAT

He can't understand me though which is so infuriating I just never bother.

You can train Siri to recognise your accent, I had to do it because of my deliciously flat vowels. When I say "Hey, Siri" it's more like "Ey, Sirr-eh" (with the es pronounced as in egg). It doesn't work when Mr F says it the normal way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom