Sunday gets roasted

How far do you have to plan with Hello Fresh and the like? I think I'd really struggle with that.

How far do you have to plan with Hello Fresh and the like? I think I'd really struggle with that.
I had to pick by last Friday for delivery Wednesday.

But six days' worth of meals so you can have them when you like, obviously...

I had to pick by last Friday for delivery Wednesday.

But six days' worth of meals so you can have them when you like, obviously...
Yeah, it's not for me. I'm far too capricious with my food. I'd resent knowing I had food mapped out. The down side is having to food shop often, but I quite like doing that anyway.

And we have very little food waste, so that's not a plus for us. I genuinely can't remember the last time we threw anything away.

Yeah, it's not for me. I'm far too capricious with my food. I'd resent knowing I had food mapped out. The down side is having to food shop often, but I quite like doing that anyway.
This was my biggest bugbear, but I just relinquished control to ms ron and now it feels like a surprise instead.

This was my biggest bugbear, but I just relinquished control to ms ron and now it feels like a surprise instead.
I see how that works. Mr L has no idea what he's having for dinner until it's put in front of him 90% of the time. Whether it's planned a week or half an hour before makes no difference to him.

Reactions: RJN
I think I’d like the meal plan things. I never cook but I want to and the biggest problem is that I never know what to make. So I’ve been cooking this year but it’s mostly just been pasta. A meal delivery kit could help

Oh we meal plan anyway. And our food waste is super minimal as a result.

Plus, we’ve got an amazing (Smeg) fridge now and it is RIDICULOUS how long the veg lasts in it. I’m talking months in some cases!

Our food waste was minimal in any case before, but Mr L working from home has seen it reduce to zero. We don’t really do leftovers in the sense that I'm relatively good at portion control (our issue is eating crap outside of meals), and he'll just have the oddest lunches of anything that is left in the fridge, with salad :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom