SYNC LISTEN: Ayumi Hamasaki - LOVEppears (Jancelled until further notice)

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
Hi guyz, I've been threatening to do this for ages, so I should just try to set a date and see what happens.

I don't know how much you know about Ayumi, but while Utada got all the critical praise during the early 00s, Ayumi was bringing the bangers to you every ball. Not that I want to pit women against women because they are both fabulous, but they both debuted around the same time, and occupied very similar timelines, even getting a record company-engineered chart battle between Ayumi's GH and Utada's 2nd album Deep River - with both shifting around 3 million copies each in their first WEEKS, which I'm still not over yet.

LOVEppearsca.PNG

Anyway I want to take a deep dive into Ayumi's second album, the clunkily-titled LOVEppears. I wondered if it was just nostalgia for my first wave of Ayu-fever that made me think this was great, and thought it might get weighed down in gloop, given its almost CD-filling runtime, BUT it's not - there are a few ballads but even they are good, and when this album slaps? OH BITCH you don't even know.

Toilet breaks are pre-saved because most of the tracks are 5 minutes long and you can probably work out when is a good time for you. So sit back, crack open a chu-hai and a pack of dried squid jerky, and enjoy it with me.

Last edited:
I won't be home I'm afraid, but I have added the album on Spotify so will probably give it listen today anyway.

I won't be home I'm afraid, but I have added the album on Spotify so will probably give it listen today anyway.

Do you want to do a sync listen? We could do it another time? So far it’s just me listening by myself, which I do anyway

With the girls..at this rate!! I'll be up for it sooner, I surely listen to it weekly.

I would recommend people watch this documentary which was released shortly after Loveppears release but includes much of 1999 in the content.

The other parts should be in the related video section on Dailymotion. The highlight is Ayu being dragged out of her car alseep and propped up in a makeup chair to film her 7th video of that year :D

Last edited:
Just realised my massage will finish at 19.20 and it takes about 30 minutes to get home… it’ll be a bit TIGHT

can I move it 30 minutes later?
Well yes I can, so I will

I'm definitely not going to be free this weekend, sorry! I'll be back and forth moving my stuff tomorrow and then I have to make my place look presentable for photos that are happening on Monday.

@Haiku Does it say anything about not being available in your region? I wonder if it's a region blocking but it's the whole playlist. It was unlisted, not private. I switched it to public

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom