Taylor Swift vs Damon Albarn

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél

The feud nobody expected. Taylor's BRITPOP album coming soon :disco:

“She may not be to your taste, but Taylor Swift is an excellent songwriter.
She doesn’t write her own songs.

Of course she does. Co-writes some of them.
That doesn’t count. I know what co-writing is. Co-writing is very different to writing. I’m not hating on anybody, I’m just saying there’s a big difference between a songwriter and a songwriter who co-writes. Doesn’t mean that the outcome can’t be really great. And some of the greatest singers — I mean, Ella Fitzgerald never wrote a song in her life. When I sing, I have to close my eyes and just be in there. I suppose I’m a traditionalist in that sense. A really interesting songwriter is Billie Eilish and her brother. I’m more attracted to that than to Taylor Swift. It’s just darker — less endlessly upbeat. Way more minor and odd. I think she’s exceptional.”

I don’t think he’s heard any Taylor Swift songs in years. She’s a lot of things, but not endlessly upbeat

he's also just fucking wrong. co-writing a great song is not a lesser skill than solo writing an okay one. plus Taylor... is more than capable of writing alone. so all in all, stfu hoe.

Imagine coming after Taylor Swift.

nN8Yebg.gif

His quote may have been "reduced to clickbait," but the full quote that I posted isn't much better really. I hope he understands that

if you were there... cool ... go off. if not... maybe... shut the fuck up? :D

His quote may have been "reduced to clickbait," but the full quote that I posted isn't much better really. I hope he understands that

Reading that back now, it doesn't seem like it was reduced to clickbait. He accuses Taylor of not writing her own music, the interviewer corrects him yet he still manages to get his misogynistic point of view across?

The best Blur songs were written with Graham Coxon anyway so what's his point.

Also he can't sing live but misogynistic rock press never went for his atrocious vocals.

Damon Albarn could write 'All Too Well (Taylor's Version) (Ten Minute Version) (Sad Girl Autumn Version)' but Taylor couldn't write 'Giraffe Trumpet Sea'.

I mean I suppose 13 is like Blur's own version of Red or something isn't it? Most of the songs are about Justine Frischman and I guess Damona is feeling a little bitter that Taylor is also writing about her famous exes but she is the conversation now while Damon is largely relegated to '90s nostalgia. Well guess what Damon? You don't have the exclusive copyrights on dating famous people and then writing songs about them OK?

Googling old articles featuring Damon I came across this quote from 2018 by Christine And The Queens, apparently, they were gonna collaborate on some songs:

In fact, she had early sessions with both Mark Ronson and Damon Albarn. Of Ronson she says: “We realised how different the recording process was for both of us, but he was very nice.” And Albarn? She’s silent for the first time. “It didn’t really work out,” she says eventually. He can be quite tricky can’t he, I say. “Yes,” is the quick reply before a dramatic slurp from an empty mug suggests it’s time to move on.

I'm pretty sure he was LOVELY.

I remember when Elastica belatedly came back, Justine didn't even need to say much to make it clear how sexist and dismissive of her work he was.

I love Blur, I don't mind some Gorillaz stuff but Albarn has always had a massive attitude problem. He's always considered himself "better" and taken himself far too seriously. He's miscast Swift as part of the "change a word, take a third" brigade and woo-wee, is he getting an education.

What a tit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom