Terrible Album Titles

Eponymous album titles are maybe more unimaginative than terrible, but it's even WORSE if it is not a debut album. It just SCREAMS laziness.

Yes! Any eponymous album that isn't a debut is a reliable indicator that a band is up a certain creek. "Right - this is the REAL us!" The only exception I can think of is "Blur" which was a deliberate slate-cleaner after the Britpop era and, even then, they were a bit messy and were even more of a mess by the time they made "13".

Manic Street Preachers album titles are often on a knife edge but "This Is My Truth Tell me Yours" and "Futurology" are both pretty rank. So was "Resistance Is Futile".

I do think that @ButterTart 's nomination of This Is Me.. Then is our winner.
It just makes no sense?

Is she saying this is what she used to be?
Is she saying ‘this is a bit shit but it’s all I’ve got’?
Is she a northern woman informing fellow passengers that the bus is approaching her stop?

And wasn't On The 6 named after a subway line?

Clearly we're still waiting for the third part of J.Lo's public transport trilogy.

I feel like I’ve said this before, but I’m sure when the Black Eyed Peas album The END was promoted, they said it wasn’t the end, it was some other tedious reason, but then their next album The Beginning actually WAS the end of them as a 4-piece

Yes! Any eponymous album that isn't a debut is a reliable indicator that a band is up a certain creek. "Right - this is the REAL us!" The only exception I can think of is "Blur" which was a deliberate slate-cleaner after the Britpop era and, even then, they were a bit messy and were even more of a mess by the time they made "13".

Kylie Minogue (1994) was also a good example of the slate-cleaner. The renaming of Impossible Princess to Kylie Minogue in the UK was ridiculous.

I'm not fond of the list of Weezer albums. Either lazy (colours) or just a bit uninspiring.

1661961667550.png

I do still like "Buddy Holly". Oh, and "Pork And Beans" - that's an actual banger.

The Little Magnets Versus The Bubble of Babble’ by Transvision Vamp. Decent album though.

A8B20C63-6263-4573-8541-C3FFF6F012FE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom