That! Feels Good! - Album listening party this weekend?

That! Is Something I Will Participate In If Its At a Time I Can Do!

I am of course having a listen now and OMG it's fucking RIDICULOUS in ALL THE RIGHT WAYS

Influences I'm hearing:

Earth Wind & Fire
Deeelite
Donna Summer
Diana Ross

It's a 70s funk album. I'm in love after one listen. The production is as rich and as camp and as seductive as you would expect it to be. if WYP is 3am in a sex dungeon, T!FG! is 3pm in the lounge bar by the pool sipping expensive cocktails.

There's no filler. Two downtempo tracks and they are both BONAFIDE SULTRY GEMS.

just had my first listen also. it's very cocktail bar. Beautiful People is like an early-mid 90s George Michael track. Lightning is great but fades out so horribly! it's really good. and in sound it's not a WYP redux. but it's a mood piece with fewer individual standout songs.

It is definitely quite a different album to WYP. Very enjoyable, and very 'up'.

Hello Love is also my immediate favourite (and another song or two in this smooth midtempo soul mood on the deluxe would be lovely) but Freak Me Now also stands out for being so relentless :disco:

Can we do a listen on Sunday or something when people have more time

(When I have more time)

Reactions: GNL
The big review is in. Sam does not have time for camp frippery:

Very much feeling Hello Love (and also rather mistreating that LP).

Also seems like we may have another album chart battle on our hands this week: could this be Jessie’s highest charting album?

It’s Jessie vs Freya Ridings vs The National vs Nines

'Shake The Bottle' is 'So I Give Up On Love'-coded.

Also seems like we may have another album chart battle on our hands this week: could this be Jessie’s highest charting album?

It’s Jessie vs Freya Ridings vs The National vs Nines
vs The Lottery Winners, according to the OCC.

No, me neither.

FIRST RATE

07 That! Feels Good!
07 Free Yourself
07 Pearls
09 Hello Love
09 Begin Again
10 Beautiful People
10 Freak Me Now
10 Shake the Bottle
08 Lightning
08 These Lips

the brass instrumentation on that middle section of ridiculous gay bangers is so :disco:

BECAUSE YOU LOOK SO GOOOOD
RIGHT NOW!
GOD GAVE YOU FACE!
GOD GAVE YOU STYLE!
WOW!

WOW WOW WOW!

I can't :D

slightly alarmed at how few of you have bothered commenting on a brand new Jessie Ware album :o

I just haven't got around to it.

And if I'm totally honest, I'm still struggling to get past the shit title.

I just haven't got around to it.

And if I'm totally honest, I'm still struggling to get past the shit title.
Same here, also the singles and everything about the vibe/styling/etc is just screaming NOT FOR ME this time around :(

vs The Lottery Winners, according to the OCC.

No, me neither.

I saw them supporting Sleeper. The lead singer unfortunately fancies himself as a stand up comedian on the side. Slightly amazed to see their last album got as high as 11, but can't see they are in the mix for number 1, whatever the OCC say.

EDIT - They appear to be formatting on a level that puts our gay faves to shame:

https://the-lottery-winners.tmstor.es/

Last edited:
Same here, also the singles and everything about the vibe/styling/etc is just screaming NOT FOR ME this time around :(
the sound of the album bears no relation to either the first two singles or the album artwork/aesthetic. I felt the same. they don't represent the album at all though. it's hot!

the album artwork to me looks like it was shot for Pearls, which is the biggest outlier on the album by far.

Reactions: COB
the album artwork to me looks like it was shot for Pearls, which is the biggest outlier on the album by far.

In one of the interviews I think she said she shot it on the set of the 'Pearls' video because she didn't like what they'd come up with previously.

The OCC gave us midweeks for singles last night, why nothing for albums?

Jessie sold so many copies that she broke the supercomputer

Rank & rate

1 Begin Again (11)
2 Lightning (10)
3 These Lips (9)
4 Free Yourself (9)
5 Freak Me Now (8)
6 Pearls (8)
7 That! Feels Good! (7)
8 Hello Love (7) - it's giving Devotion
9 Beautiful People (6)
10 Shake The Bottle (6)

That! Feels Good! is today's big grower. it's giving late 80s Janet in some of the vocal delivery.

09 That! Feels Good!
09 Free Yourself
07 Pearls
09 Hello Love
09 Begin Again
08 Beautiful People
07 Freak Me Now
07 Shake the Bottle
08 Lightning
07 These Lips

It’ll probably grow more too. QUEEN!

Users who are viewing this thread