That! Feels Good! - Album listening party this weekend?

Two listens in

08 That! Feels Good!
08 Free Yourself
07 Pearls
10 Hello Love
10 Begin Again
08 Beautiful People
08 Freak Me Now
07 Shake the Bottle
09 Lightning
08 These Lips

They never reveal album mids on a Sunday
Oh don't they? I remember being confused between wondering the first mids were either a Sunday or Monday - I obviously have been focused on one or the other and never both.

It definitely benefits from not being listened to on headphones and being allowed to fill the room.

And Countess Luann :becool:

I don't think she's particularly keen on that comparison...

FvIKF2zXwAMtIGC

I Wasn't invited to this hot shit but omg The last 4 tracks from this are actually life changing.

Just gave this Countess Luann (sp?) a play... POOR JESSIE :D

Haven't listened to the album yet, it's been Susanne Sundfør all the way this week.

I really wanted to do a listening party but honestly how does one find the time these days

This! Sounded Great! In the car on the way to work this morning.

I think it’s the first time I’ve listened to the album version of Begin Again and I love how it GOES OFF in the final third :disco:

It's up there with Michael Medrano's 'LoveSexDrugs' as my album of the year thus far (although to be fair, his is more of a collection of previously released tracks cobbled together as a debut album.

The last two tracks take this album up a BIG notch. These Lips is essentially a Spotlight follow up which is never a bad thing, and Lightning is another sultry gem that this camp funkfest really needed - much needed shade through all the disco balls.

Some of the upbeat tracks do verge on gimmicky and the opening track sounds like an extended intro, but her voice as usual carries the whole thing and elevates it from Scissor Sisters disco-pastiche to more of a full on 70s experience.

It’s not WYP, but that’s an unfair comparison. But it holds up very well across a glittering catalogue. She did it! Again!

elaborate sis!!!

I enjoyed it :D

Some of it tries a bit too hard, but there's a lot of catchy tunes there and I really like some of the production. Didn't totally convince me on first listen, but I'll definitely revisit it.

I’ve played this one and a half times. I got a wee bit bored during it but will revisit (at some point).

obsessed with this album right now. it feels made for warm, hazy spring days like today. Hello Love and Lightning in particular. but I do need an extended edit of the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom