The 2020 Christmas #1 'race'

Sure enough Mariah at #1 on Spotify yesterday with 756k streams. LadBaby and The Kunts nowhere in the top 200. #200 had 65k streams, so somewhere below that.

Someone do the math!

is that 76k sales units or 7.6k sales units for Mariah based on Spotify?

Someone do the math!

is that 76k sales units or 7.6k sales units for Mariah based on Spotify?

You can't say - it's different ratios based on whether you're a paid subscriber or not. It's not as high as 7.6k though, never mind 76k.

I THINK best case scenario for Mariah is 3,780 sales based on that 756k figure, assuming all streams are premium streams and a ratio of 200:1.

Worst case scenario is 630 sales (and a ratio of 1200:1).

Ladbaby midweek #2
Boris is a cunt #19

I suspect the latter will build more momentum through the week.

I don’t know if it's The Kunts building or LadBaby sagging (possibly both), the the lead is 4:1 now.

I assume that's still Mariah at #1 and Wham! at #2?

I'd have thought LadBaby would be #1 in the first midweek, so that's pleasing.

Oh fuck OFF Amazon with your exclusives. Blatant chart fixing.

I knew Amazon would start the offensive. Clearly just holding back to lull people into a false sense of security.

At this point we may as well start including radio stats in the charts. The streaming playlists are just as passive. About 1% if that of Jess Glynn’s performance will be people actively seeking out the song, the other 99% people just putting on the playlist in the office or at home and leaving it on in the background. It’s a crap reflection of song popularity.

I wonder if amazon are holding back Mariah, Wham etc as well as promoting her?

I’d quite happily take Jess Glynne over LadBaby at this stage. I’ve got a decent bet on it.
*Streams Jess Glynne*

JOKE. I wouldn’t stoop that low. Ed Sheeran is going to fuck them all over any way.

At least LadBaby is for chartieh

Anytime I’ve asked Alexa to play Christmas music lately, including just now, she starts with the classics not the new stuff. However, I only usually last three songs.

The only non Christmas classic I really like is One More Sleep.

Ed Sheeran is going to fuck them all over any way.
I don't see Ed troubling the top 3/4 this week. the. Christmas classics will gain even more streams over the week (Mariah will be at 1m by Christmas Eve), meaning Ed would need 800k-1m streams a day, each day (half the ACR ratio, but only half the week to play catch up) to grab number one - which ain't happening. he'll probably take it the week after.

God, it's not a Sheeran FESTIVE NUMBER, is it?

Although that would probably be better, in as much as it would fall off a cliff the week after.

I don't see Ed troubling the top 3/4 this week. the. Christmas classics will gain even more streams over the week (Mariah will be at 1m by Christmas Eve), meaning Ed would need 800k-1m streams a day, each day (half the ACR ratio, but only half the week to play catch up) to grab number one - which ain't happening. he'll probably take it the week after.
I hope you’re right, seems to be a lot of interest in Ed though, he has been away for a little while

Kind of surprised he's releasing this week when he could have an easy #1 next week regardless. But I suppose he's positioning himself nicely so people are aware it's out there. I do think (well hope) he will get lost in the melee this week.

I just saw a photo of his disgusting face and I felt very triggered. that should really come with a warning. I know we shouldn't disparage based on appearance, but the way he looks really is the perfect complement to his CUNTY CHARACTER. and the things inside his control, like his hair, are equally disgusting. fucking brush it you cupboard gremlin.

We really shouldn’t be mean in this new woke world, but Ed Sheehan really is OFFENSIVELY UGLY

Re. Sheeran, I'm not quite sure how he and Taylor Swift compare previously in terms of dropping new tracks, but she seems a reasonably useful comparison tool. I just looked and Willow debuted at 487k streams on Spotify and dropped to 324k, 267k and then 274k for its first four days.

She ended up at #3. I think he's going to have to outperform her by some distance to do similar, considering the numbers Christmas songs will be hitting and his reduced sales week.

:D

Is that the official video? I can already hear the pearls being clutched.

:D

Is that the official video? I can already hear the pearls being clutched.

It's on Kunt's Vimeo channel so, yes, it's the real thing. Amazing how much it crams into a minute, isn't it?

Combined, Boris is Fucking Cunt has twice the streams as Ladbaby :disco:

Still some way behind on iTunes, but the gap appears to be closing.

Kunt has positions 2, 3, 4 and 5 on amazon :D

I have no idea what that means in numbers, probably very little but it's still funny.

If this gets some traction today, it really could happen.

It needs to happen very soon, given the lead LadBaby has already built.

And how many streams are we talking? I'm guessing it's still an insignificant number compared to the big Christmas songs. It needs to be selling huge numbers. Hopefully word of mouth is still growing.

The fact that you can stream it for ten minutes and get your maximum quota in should help.

I think for streaming to count, you can't stream the same track consecutively. So streaming it ten times in a row would just count as one stream. But if you stream with a different song in-between each time, it will count as ten streams.

I think for streaming to count, you can't stream the same track consecutively. So streaming it ten times in a row would just count as one stream. But if you stream with a different song in-between each time, it will count as ten streams.
I've heard this before, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the OCC chart eligibilty rules stating it.

So, you could alternate streaming 'Boris Johnson is a fucking cunt' and the seasonal 'Jesus died of a stranglewank' to give them both their maximum streaming quota.

LadBaby have just released a new version featuring Ronan Keating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom