The American Song Contest 2022

Madame Mis-Teeq, tell us our future

• This will be a huge success and eventually replace the current presidential election system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:wow:

Actually excited about this, and nobody in all of Oz, no dUbscrub that there is or was, is ever gonna bring MEEEEE DOOOOOWWWNN
WHERE did I say anything negative about it

I’m excited as well :(

I even started a thread about it first and said "I am actually in favour of this! I should have said, but I think it’s a gay and fun idea and should be entertaining for whatever reason."

:greta:

I actually started a thread about it first and said "I am actually in favour of this! I should have said, but I think it’s a gay and fun idea and should be entertaining for whatever reason."

:greta:

Sorry I Love You GIF

I’m sure it was especially hurtful for me to put you on blast via a fairly unfunny Wicked parody.

Anyway who are we rooting for? Im going to say MINNESOTA

Snoop Dogg is such a BAD choice though. Are they trying to bring in the kids by having a rapper host? He's practically a PENSIONER

And they're convinced he won't be STONED every time he arrives at the studio? How naive are they? :D

Snoop Dogg is such a BAD choice though. Are they trying to bring in the kids by having a rapper host? He's practically a PENSIONER

And they're convinced he won't be STONED every time he arrives at the studio? How naive are they? :D

I'd imagine they've chosen him for mass market appeal and name recognition, rather than somebody who'd appeal to the kids but will be cancelled or die of an opioid overdose before the show begins.

Can't say I've heard of most of these bar two, don't expect a wow line up, will probably be some midly know Instagram singers and ex-Reality Talent show alumni.

Of those I know, the Pretty Wild is a country rock/alternative girl band of two sisters. They could be quite interesting. :o

David Hernandez was on a season of American Idol. Probably what's best remembered of his time there though was a scandal where it turned out he was working as a male stripper at a gay strip club. He would have a pop song I imagine if he is in. It was a good 8 or so years ago but I don't remember him particularly being a strong vocalist though.

• Wow
Reactions: COB
The only one I’d heard of besides them is The Crystal Method, who I don’t actually know any songs by

Slight hints of Jessie J but I don’t hate it. It’ll be a new song though I think

I like this one too:

Not exactly oozing star quality though is she...

I got assigned Alabama in that sweepstake and their act's top song on Spotify is a cover of... Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.

I think a mix of known and unknown artists is pretty cool, very much like Eurovision, no?

I imagine if this does well, and I can’t see why it wouldn’t, then you can imagine a scramble for bigger artists in season 2, and a lot more hype around who is representing

What I love about this concept is that unlike sport, it has absolutely nothing to do with the population or wealth of your state. You just need one good song. Like, American Samoa beating Texas in the final, you wouldn’t see that very often

There are bigger artists who refused this time round, waiting to see how this went…

After all the forecasts of 'wall to wall country hicks', it looks like we've only got 3 out of 56 - Texas, Tennessee and Montana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom