The Cardigans to release new B-Side and unreleased tracks compilation

Sheena

ROMANCE
Couldn’t really find an existing thread that felt right for this, but MUCH EXCITE:

I wouldn't count it out. They still tour (and an interesting reply on that FB thread is that they would love to tour the UK but no promoter seems interested...) and are therefore on good terms. I can see them having a reunion at some point, though, yes, Nina seems to be interested in other projects right now.

ALSO, BRING BACK A*CAMP.

Hopefully the vault has some treats to offer up. Always lovely to hear Nina's voice, though her recent projects have not grabbed me.

Hopefully the vault has some treats to offer up. Always lovely to hear Nina's voice, though her recent projects have not grabbed me.

Again, someone in that thread asked about deluxe editions but they responded that m the vault is controlled by Universal (ugh!) basically and they have no control over deluxe editions etc.

Animal Heart was the last thing I bothered with. Maybe I should investigate- it’s “one of those” voices for me.

Reunion albums can go either way - they don't need one, they can sell out decent venues without a new record.

I wouldn't count it out. They still tour (and an interesting reply on that FB thread is that they would love to tour the UK but no promoter seems interested...) and are therefore on good terms. I can see them having a reunion at some point, though, yes, Nina seems to be interested in other projects right now.
It just feels inevitable, because as you pointed out, they still tour. Eventually they'll get tired of playing the old songs, start fiddling and maybe we'll get something out of it. Look at ABBA - Anni-Frid and Agnetha sangt at a Mamma Mia event, which then led them talking about doing something to celebrate ABBA, then they started working on a tv special, which then turned into them recording two songs, which then snowballed into ABBA Voyage and a full album.

It'll happen. Hopefully before they're in their 70s.

You also forget how young they were at the start- Nina and Peter are still only 49.

Right that’s today’s listening sorted! Haven’t had any CARDIGANS on for ages. Thanks for the inspo gang. And yes of course I am looking forward to the B sides record

My understanding is that they don't make new music because Peter Svensson - who wrote their music - has no interest in reuniting and I think that's fair. It would be a shame for them to pop back up as The Cardigans doing music that doesn't sound like The Cardigans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom