• So Young

• Radio

• Breathless

• Give Me a Reason

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jark

User
the heeEEEEAAAAAATTTTT!

it's goodbye to Summer Sunshine, because you all hate lovely things. at least it snuck top 10. also ciao to Only When I Sleep, which I think did well to make it this far.

22. Heart Like a Wheel
21. SOS
20. Old Town
19. I Do What I Like
18. Bring on the Night
17. Would You Be Happier?
=15. The Right Time
=15. Long Night
=13. Love to Love You
=13. Angel
12. Irresistible
11. Forgiven, Not Forgotten

10. Summer Sunshine (11)
09. Only When I Sleep (8)

24 hours this time, vote max 2 songs out

Oh nooo… I like Summer Sunshine 😭

Oh it’s fine I like them all

Omg I feel a deep dive coming on

Yay for Give Me a Reason clinging on! One of their very best.
I think it will go next but it shouldn't. a truly sublime pop song. if it had been released after Breathless I think it would've been huge.

Reactions: VoR
How do we feel about albums versions vs single remixes?

I thought the label did a fabulous job of refreshing the singles with their remixes - of course Todd Terry on Dreams, Tin Tin Out on What Can I Do? (Did they do Runaway too?) and the Cutfather & Joe mix of Give me a reason

OH GOD I LOVE THE CORRS

this is my Corrs essentials playlist

Great list, beautiful list

I know the first 3 albums like the back of my hand, such sublime nostalgia. Borrowed Heaven I didn’t reaaaally get into, and for some reason I never went back to them. Idiot boy

Oh and Unplugged <3333

I think it will go next but it shouldn't. a truly sublime pop song. if it had been released after Breathless I think it would've been huge.

Agreed. Irresistible was such a campaign killer.

I wouldn’t go that far to say it was a campaign killer without the hindsight we have now, and I can’t blame them for riding the Mutt Lange horse as far as they could get away with.

But it doesn’t really have as much about it as some of the others

Borrowed Heaven I didn’t reaaaally get into, and for some reason I never went back to them. Idiot boy

Oh and Unplugged <3333
both live albums are fabulous

Borrowed Heaven is their best album overall. great balance between pop and the darker/earthier sounds that got lost on In Blue (which I also love). though apparently noone else seems to think so!

both live albums are fabulous

Borrowed Heaven is their best album overall. great balance between pop and the darker/earthier sounds that got lost on In Blue (which I also love). though apparently noone else seems to think so!

Seems like I missed another live album :o

How do we feel about albums versions vs single remixes?

I thought the label did a fabulous job of refreshing the singles with their remixes - of course Todd Terry on Dreams, Tin Tin Out on What Can I Do? (Did they do Runaway too?) and the Cutfather & Joe mix of Give me a reason

OH GOD I LOVE THE CORRS

The Tin Tin Out Remix for Runaway is laughable, just a few production/blink and you'll miss it adjustments doesn't a remix make.
I've a Special Edition of Talk On Corners where I Never Really Loved you Anyway is an unnamed remix version that tops the original for me.

The Cutfather & Joe remix for GMAR and the K-Klass Remix of So young might be my faves, talk about outshining the original versions.

The original version of Dreams has been wiped out of existence from Latino Spotify. Cunts.

The "original" Dreams is nowhere to be found on UK Spotify either - it seems only the Todd Terry version is claimed these days.

The remixes are a real mixed bag. K-Klass improved on So Young, and the Tin Tin Out version of What Can I Do is lovely.

But the Runaway update was bland as hell, and turning I Never Loved You Anyway into that toothless mush on the Special Edition should have been punishable by death.

Give Me A Reason should OF COURSE have been the second single. If they really wanted a third, either All The Love In The World or At Your Side.

Summer Sunshine does melancholy lyrics against euphoric chorus better than almost anything else.

Including ABBA

Listening to Give Me a Reason right now and remembering how my In Blue cassette had a SIBILANCE issue. The PTSD.

All The Love In The World

If I recall correctly, this was remixed (They really liked having their releases remixed, the record company must have been elated about it) for some US chick flick rom-com, the video was heavily pushed on VH1, out of all places :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom