The Crown - Netflix Elizabeth II Drama

I was a bit set against her, due to her lack of deference to pop royalty on Graham Norton, but Diana is really very good so far. I don't think the ballet wig out to Song For Guy quite came off as intended though.

Prince Charles seems to have become more attractive between seasons.

I was a bit set against her, due to her lack of deference to pop royalty on Graham Norton, but Diana is really very good so far. I don't think the ballet wig out to Song For Guy quite came off as intended though.
As she said in that interview, she was in fact dancing to Cher's Believe.

Elizabeth and Philip bantering about having a favourite child :D

question though (mild ep 4 spoilers ahead) - in that scene she says "the PM said something interesting today" but the newsreader says it's been 5 days since Mark Thatcher was last sighted. But the PM told the Queen it had been 2 days, indicating 3 days have passed between scenes. So she didn't say it today. Is that a continuity error or am I missing something?

OMG the queen's request for a briefing document :D

"one would hate to appear uninformed, or cold, or remotely... remote."

It’s a shame they’ve skipped over the 1984 Brighton bombing. I think I’ll stop after episode 7 and watch the rest over the week.

I’m 3 in and it really is DELIGHTFULLY silly now. They’ve just gone full on soap opera for the most part and I’m LIVING for it. Absolute nonsense.

The restaurant where Diana met Camilla being called Ménage à Trois was the bit it may have jumped the shark for me :D
did not even notice this but oh my god.

yes, Charles is a bit ONE NOTE in writing and especially performance. he went from being intrigued by Diana to miserable about her VERY sharply.

Outside a 10, natch. love a slightly dated Calvin bop from before he reinvented himself.

THANKS FOR JOINING, GIRLIES. it's been a blast :disco:

I've watched five and will try not to burn through the rest tomorrow but space it out.

It's just so addictive. Olivia's performance in THE SCENE at the end of the Fagan episode is really astonishing stuff. I have overcome missing Claire Foy now.

Just up to episode 2 and despite obviously hating the EVIL ROTTEN CUNT, I can wholly relate to Thatcher wearing completely inappropriate attire for outdoor pursuits.

I’m so glad we’ve had lots of ANNE and her CONSTANT EYE ROLLING so far :disco:

Charles and Camilla's breakup was the most British thing ever

Charles: "........politely hangs up in her face and remains still in a dark room" :D

Five episodes in and while I’m loving Gillian Anderson, she does seem to be basing the characterisation quite a bit around older/later Thatcher. She’s very slow and deliberate and hasn’t really any of her energy or charisma as yet.

Anderson’s performance jarred at first but I’ve settled into it. I think it’s just that Thatcher has been so well parodied and is so well known by someone of my generation, it’s hard to swallow.

I swear I would have put money on the letter writer being from Surrey.

I’m enjoying this much more than season 3. Margaret remains essential and I demand a spin off .
The Diana character is spookily spot on but nothing is beating the towering magnificence of Gillian Anderson’s hair. At one point I thought it would be like a French and Saunders sketch and in each cut her hair would get bigger and bigger . oh and also bonus points for The Queens big glasses debut .
The only character I never feel looks like the real life one is the Queen Mum.

Oh and also a Princess Anne spin off .
Or maybe just some stand alone episodes with her ,Liz, Margot and Queen mum bitching at the lunch table

Anne is my absolute highlight of the ENTIRE series so far. She's TREMENDOUS! I wonder if the Princess Royal herself will realise how this must be doing WONDERS for her image :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom