The Fizz / Bucks Fizz

Radioguy19

User
New album ‘Everything Under The Sun’ out now and they have just released a new single from the album ‘Everything We Do’

The album has been out for several weeks. Most people don't realise because it's only available from their website physically or digitally, and not on streaming anywhere. Af least the single is available on amazon and iTunes to download, but still no streaming.

They are on Radio 2 with Rylan this weekend, so I assume that may be why they have made the single available on amazon and iTunes now. Although I don't see them selling any albums from it if the album is still only on their webstore.

Omg, please don't be a cover of Bryan Adams!
it’s a resurfaced track which was originally pitched for a Ford TV advert in the 80s, produced by Stock Aitken and Waterman, and the lyrics were changing and dedicated to their fans for their loyal support over the years.

The album has been out for several weeks. Most people don't realise because it's only available from their website physically or digitally, and not on streaming anywhere. Af least the single is available on amazon and iTunes to download, but still no streaming.

They are on Radio 2 with Rylan this weekend, so I assume that may be why they have made the single available on amazon and iTunes now. Although I don't see them selling any albums from it if the album is still only on their webstore.
They’ve been on radio and a few TV shows, but i understand why they have decided to release it this way, it may not chart like the others, but at least they’re getting paid fair wages as artists, and not earning pennies from streaming services.

They’ve been on radio and a few TV shows, but i understand why they have decided to release it this way, it may not chart like the others, but at least they’re getting paid fair wages as artists, and not earning pennies from streaming services.
Their last albums sold more copies and charted though, and that wasn't due to streaming.

I know, it is a shame because as you say there’s still a lot of people that haven’t heard it
I haven't heard any of it, other than the preview snippet for the single now. I'd happily stream it, but I'm not buying it.

I kind of understand what they are doing - someone calculated that when you look at the streaming figures to date for the last album, it would have made less than a couple of thousand - and I doubt all that would find its way to the three of them. I think the big issue is only having the CD available from their own website.

I did read that Mike Stock is behind the strategy. Not sure whether that's true or not, but he's another factor in their cancellation in some parts.

I haven't heard any of it, other than the preview snippet for the single now. I'd happily stream it, but I'm not buying it.

I kind of understand what they are doing - someone calculated that when you look at the streaming figures to date for the last album, it would have made less than a couple of thousand - and I doubt all that would find its way to the three of them. I think the big issue is only having the CD available from their own website.

I did read that Mike Stock is behind the strategy. Not sure whether that's true or not, but he's another factor in their cancellation in some parts.
I heard it was a staggered release, they have music videos still in the pipeline and vinyl only just announced due to production issues (I know lots of artists saying there is a back log) but I agree it should be on iTunes etc

Did anyone go to the gig in Cheryl’s garden? I popped into the house to snaffle a few items while they were trotting around and honking the hits and I bagged me some lovely Nazi memorabilia, a Spanish toilet roll dolly and a stunning Pierrot bedspread which I’m selling at very reasonable rates :disco:

I heard it was a staggered release, they have music videos still in the pipeline and vinyl only just announced due to production issues (I know lots of artists saying there is a back log) but I agree it should be on iTunes etc
I can easily believe the delay in the vinyl. But I think there's something more going on with the decision to only sell the album via their website, and not have the promo, a single or a video out at the time of release.

I can easily believe the delay in the vinyl. But I think there's something more going on with the decision to only sell the album via their website, and not have the promo, a single or a video out at the time of release.
I genuinely think it’s just because they realised Spotify / streaming makes them pennies so they wanted physical first. Although not sure why it wasn’t stocked in shops. Apparently they’re doing a series of music videos (heard Cheryl say in a recent interview) so if it’s staggered they don’t really care about it charting

I genuinely think it’s just because they realised Spotify / streaming makes them pennies so they wanted physical first. Although not sure why it wasn’t stocked in shops. Apparently they’re doing a series of music videos (heard Cheryl say in a recent interview) so if it’s staggered they don’t really care about it charting
Yes, I understand the not putting it on Spotify business. I don't agree with it and ultimately dont think it will make them much money, but I understand it, in theory at least.

It's the release date and availability only through their website I don't understand. If you want to withhold it from streaming because you want to maximise sales, why then also hold it back from amazon etc and any physical stores? And why not do any promo at all before the release? Why wait 5 or 6 weeks or whatever it is to release the first single?

Did anyone go to the gig in Cheryl’s garden? I popped into the house to snaffle a few items while they were trotting around and honking the hits and I bagged me some lovely Nazi memorabilia, a Spanish toilet roll dolly and a stunning Pierrot bedspread which I’m selling at very reasonable rates :disco:

Fancy an INTIMATE FESTIVE EVENING IN TONBRIDGE?

Yes, I understand the not putting it on Spotify business. I don't agree with it and ultimately dont think it will make them much money, but I understand it, in theory at least.

It's the release date and availability only through their website I don't understand. If you want to withhold it from streaming because you want to maximise sales, why then also hold it back from amazon etc and any physical stores? And why not do any promo at all before the release? Why wait 5 or 6 weeks or whatever it is to release the first single?
No idea, but at least the singles are on iTunes and Amazon

I'm in probably the biggest gay club in Manchester I've just gone up to the DJ & said can you play Bucks Fizz the reply "I'm sorry I can't because 90% of the people in here aren't evil fascist cunts". This is so wrong on so many levels can we please make sure this becomes a thing of the past

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom