Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
OMG, so this is a new thriller starring Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren. It had (very) mild Oscar buzz so my friend and I went to see it on a quiet cinema week. Started off fairly run of the mill, but it is ABSOLUTELY BONKERS. :D

I won't spoil the utter ludicrousness of the ending, but I really encourage anyone to go see it. I don't understand why nobody is talking about it.

Everything came together far too conveniently for it all to happen. Yes it’s also ludicrous, and not to mention Mckellen and Mirren are FAR TOO YOUNG to have been teenagers during WWII. That would have been possible if this was set in the 1990s, but the book is from 2016, there were modern iMacs in the background in some scenes and internet dating for the elderly certainly wasn’t commonly done then either.

We were properly cackling during Mirren's final speech. So many ludicrous reveals!

"And he's not my grandson, he's my grandson's GAY LOVER!"

It was some silly good fun, I wish they’d given Mirren more than that speech to work with.

Helen Mirren and Ian McKellan being devious old bastards could make virtually anything work.

Everything came together far too conveniently for it all to happen. Yes it’s also ludicrous, and not to mention Mckellen and Mirren are FAR TOO YOUNG to have been teenagers during WWII. That would have been possible if this was set in the 1990s, but the book is from 2016, there were modern iMacs in the background in some scenes and internet dating for the elderly certainly wasn’t commonly done then either.

It did say at the beginning that it was 2009, so them being teenagers at the end of WWII is slightly plausible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom