The Israel-Gaza War

Y'all. This is going nowhere and is completely counterproductive. Just agree to disagree. Nobody is stopping you from having your own convictions. But I don't think ANYONE likes seeing Moopy like this.

"genocide"

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

That notoriously biased UN any good?

Albanese has an extreme anti-Israel bias. She's an ideological figurehead spewing dogma and uncritical Israel-bashing.

That notoriously biased UN any good?

Let's see:

"Countries with questionable human rights records that have served on the UNHRC include Pakistan, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, China, Indonesia, and Russia".

I don't know if I can be bothered to read in detail the last 20 pages of genocide denial, but am I getting the right gist that the Palestinians aren't really being murdered by a crazed government and it's definitely right because Israel's answer to Zoella said so?

At this point Netanyahu could hold his hands up and admit to genocide and you would find a whataboutary to dismiss it. You’re embarrassing.
At this point the Former President of the International Court of Justice could clarify that Israel has NOT been found to commit genocide and you would still ignore / deny it.

Oh, wait... Guess what? She already did. But hey, don't let the facts confuse you.

So yeah, you are the one who is EMBARRASSING. Keep making a fool of yourself.

The genocide claims are absolutely preposterous.
Israel’s policy doesn’t even begin to meet the threshold of what genocide is, and I think it cheapens the very important and grave concept of genocide.

At this point the Former President of the International Court of Justice could clarify that Israel has NOT been found to commit genocide and you would still ignore / deny it.

Oh, wait... Guess what? She already did. But hey, don't let the facts confuse you.

So yeah, you are the one who is EMBARRASSING. Keep making a fool of yourself.

There is a subtle difference between "Israel aren't committing genocide" vs "We didn't say Israel are committing genocide"

She did not positively affirm what you are claiming.

She did say there was a big risk that genocide could occur though. Let's ignore that though.

Speaking as somebody who does actually think the talk of this as a genocide is completely ridiculous, CAN WE PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR A MINUTE AND CHILL OUT.

There is a subtle difference between "Israel aren't committing genocide" vs "We didn't say Israel are committing genocide"

She did not positively affirm what you are claiming.

She did say there was a big risk that genocide could occur though. Let's ignore that though.
Let's ignore that people on here have claimed that Israel is committing genocide as a FACT. Shall we?

Let's ignore that people on here have claimed that Israel is committing genocide as a FACT. Shall we?

Yes that is stupid. Yes a lot of people eat up the Hamas propaganda. But read the room .. you’re not covering yourself in glory here (much like the Israeli government tbh). It’s just coming across as trolling. Take a step back for a minute and solidly back up what you actually want to say…

I think the point being missed is that if the debate is about to what extent Israel is committing a genocide, then that question itself should be a sobering condemnation of how bad the situation is
I think if we take the UN definition there aren’t ‘extents’ of genocide - it’s an absolute term (so it is either happening or it isn’t). Notwithstanding that a number different acts can constitute genocide and just one of those alone occurring appears to be enough to meet the definition. But like everybody else here (as far as I am aware) I’m not an expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom