The MADAME Lounge

It gives her a look of an AUSTRIAN LESBIAN

So maybe it’s not ALL BAD :disco:

I would like to see a La Pianiste sequel with Erika sporting this look because she now only wants women to batter her and shove wardrobes up her fanny :disco:

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
Do you think the rest of the world see her PARFAIT MELANGE of CAMP, SNOBBERY and INTELLECTUALISM or is it just us FANATIQUES?
I think she’s unlikely to appeal to the COMMON OR GARDEN

SOME PEOPLE don’t even know who she IS!

I would like to see a La Pianiste sequel with Erika sporting this look because she now only wants women to batter her and shove wardrobes up her fanny :disco:
:D:D:D

Oh God the mere PROSPECT of a SEQUEL!

I do somewhat regret that presentation about La Pianiste I did in my French class when I was doing my BA. I inadvertently revealed FAR too much about myself. Boundaries PLEASE! And then there was the Cocteau / Les enfants terribles one… :eyes:

I do somewhat regret that presentation about La Pianiste I did in my French class when I was doing my BA. I inadvertently revealed FAR too much about myself. Boundaries PLEASE! And then there was the Cocteau / Les enfants terribles one… :eyes:
Undercurrent of incest, everyone! Do you like incest? Let’s talk about incest! IN FRENCH OBVIOUSLY

Not only have I shown somebody La Pianiste as an example of my favourite ever film, and then proceeded to sit through it with them in absolute awkward silence as they’re clearly NOT enjoying it and worrying about my psyche

I’VE DONE IT TWICE :disco:

Not only have I shown somebody La Pianiste as an example of my favourite ever film, and then proceeded to sit through it with them in absolute awkward silence as they’re clearly NOT enjoying it and worrying about my psyche

I’VE DONE IT TWICE :disco:
:D:D:D TWICE? Madame Award for YOU! :disco:

I once insisted that we watch The Seventh Continent at a party event at university. Everyone adored it :disco:

One of them warned me beforehand that they didn’t like watching rape scenes in films and I GENUINELY forgot so I felt a bit bad after.

• Haha
One of them warned me beforehand that they didn’t like watching rape scenes in films and I GENUINELY forgot so I felt a bit bad after.
:D How did that come up in conversation?

“I enjoy to watch films but I’m not too fond of the rape scenes.” :tongueout:

"C'est quoi l'holiday roll?" has become shorthand for "let's move on after an unpleasant situation" chez moi.

(These are the first words MADAME utters in Elle after she's raped).

This is obviously an in-joke in POOR TASTE I only feel comfortable telling other MADAME MENTALISTS.

"C'est quoi l'holiday roll?" has become shorthand for "let's move on after an unpleasant situation" chez moi.

(These are the first words MADAME utters in Elle after she's raped).

This is obviously an in-joke in POOR TASTE I only feel comfortable telling other MADAME MENTALISTS.
:D Luckily none of us in the MADAME lounge are in ANY position to judge!

I’ve still not seen that MADAME film where she’s the dealer. In fact I’ve not seen any of hers in ages apart from that inexplicable cameo in that one about the donkey

She seems to be making a lot at the moment but they just vanish into the Eurostate!

• Sad
I’ve still not seen that MADAME film where she’s the dealer. In fact I’ve not seen any of hers in ages apart from that inexplicable cameo in that one about the donkey
Still think about that cameo on a daily basis.

The introductory close-up.
The fact she's attending PRIVATE MASS.
The breaking of the crockery A PROPOS OF NOTHING.
The obligatory fucking your hot son bit.

• BOOM BOOM
I do have this one which I will watch at some point. I notice the BOB!

85C401DC-D407-4012-98E0-D5911BEFAA8E.jpeg

• Love
By the way the woman who hands her her mobile phone in that scene in EO is her daughter, I forgot to share with the LOUNGE. I noticed her name in the credits.

• Love
Isabelle Huppert is quite a stunning actress!
Last month, I managed to watch The Piano Teacher for the first time (online, skipping past certain bits..!) and really admired the acting and the portrayal of the character Erika. 🎹🎼
I understand her lonesome, still-under-parental-care, quietly suffering situation, and would be fascinated by a sequel (but age rated 12 or 15, to introduce more viewers). 💭
Great to see Isabelle in newer film appearances; she still looks amazing ✨ (I thought of Scottish Widows rather than Enya for the hood costume 😄)
*Edit 16 March, happy 70th birthday to her! 🎂

Last edited:
Do you think she's biting her tongue and swallowing her own blood to achieve that DISGUSTED expression? You know she would.

the camp of these

GettyImages-1469751422.jpg

GettyImages-1469751439.jpg

she has a look of Debbie Harry in certain 2023 candids

• Love
Why was she loudly booing it? (:D)

Honestly Madame. Decorum PLEASE! Actually, make that none :disco:

I’m sure that’s a lie. Probably from the Deneuve camp.

Booing a film you don't like at Cannes is sort of a tradition I believe? Same as giving well-received films ridiculously long ovations. That piece of actual shit The Whale got 15 minutes of clapping last year, bafflingly.

Anyway that tweet may or may not be a joke, but I could totally believe it would happen which is the most important thing. :disco:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom