The Masked Singer: Series 2

I can hear Ne-Yo entirely now...! It took til this week to get this one. And I’d never have got it without other people’s ideas from Internet forums, but I’m totally sold on that now too.

I do think that even though there are some fake guesses, we do have to remember we have the benefit of weeks of internet theories and discussion amongst other people. And they just have to come up with something straight away.

I would be nowhere near Ne-Yo if I was just sat there on the show

Ne Yo did a sing with Barbra Streisand. Who knew?

All the big duet revelations this evening.

Rita just seems to get fixated on one person early on and then guesses them week after week without really listening to the voice.

You’d have thought the judges would know by now the clues can be far too obscure to help and the focus should be on the voice.

What's the purpose of Ne-Yo putting on an accent though? Is it such a recognisable speaking voice everyone would be like, "that's definitely Ne-Yo!"? :D

Rita just seems to get fixated on one person early on and then guesses them week after week without really listening to the voice.

You’d have thought the judges would know by now the clues can be far too obscure to help and the focus should be on the voice.

I think that is exactly what most people would do without the internet to help them. You start to believe what you want to believe.

What's the purpose of Ne-Yo putting on an accent though? Is it such a recognisable speaking voice everyone would be like, "that's definitely Ne-Yo!"? :D

well it threw me off for weeks. I would def do an accent if I were on it.

well it threw me off for weeks. I would def do an accent if I were on it.

I would have thought they'd encourage those with recognisable speaking voices to do accents. With someone like Ne-Yo there's surely no need! It's not like they've come too close and I would have NO CLUE without reading elsewhere.

Katherine what’s her face, the opera singer, she did about 4 different accents last year didn’t she?

I don't even mind the accents, but for some they'd be just as hard to guess without them.

And if JOSS is doing the same, if it's her, again I'm not sure there's a need really :D You want some sort of bone thrown. But obviously it's up to them I guess

I don't even mind the accents, but for some they'd be just as hard to guess without them.

And if JOSS is doing the same, if it's her, again I'm not sure there's a need really :D You want some sort of bone thrown. But obviously it's up to them I guess

I think when your profession is 'singer', that if you don't do something to throw people off they are going to be 100% confident on your singing voice (your fans), so you can distract them with the speaking voice. It's much more fun that way.

I think when your profession is 'singer', that if you don't do something to throw people off they are going to be 100% confident on your singing voice (your fans), so you can distract them with the speaking voice. It's much more fun that way.

Which I do agree with, but Joss and Ne-Yo don't strike me as immediately obvious to the masses. Fans will of course guess, but I guessed Sophie Ellis-Bextor after 10 seconds of clues before she even sang, so that's going to happen anyway. I'm sure you guessed Gabrielle pretty quickly too. But I like that Gabrielle is singing in her own voice as it just gives you something without being TOO obvious.

Anyway I'm not complaining it still adds to the fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom