The SANREMO CHAT LONGE FT. MONGE (Italy 2024)

I'm not sure I'd describe it as better or worse than Melodifestivalen as just the complete ideological opposite of it. It's like asking which is better out of apples and oranges, or Heaven and Hell - ultimately it comes down to a philosophical preference.

I have never watched but next year feels like a must.

Sanremo would totally be flushing MF’s head down the loo at school.

I'm not sure I'd describe it as better or worse than Melodifestivalen as just the complete ideological opposite of it. It's like asking which is better out of apples and oranges, or Heaven and Hell - ultimately it comes down to a philosophical preference.
I'd prefer Heaven any day.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it next year, but if I do, I will need to start a drug habit just to make it through.

Sanremo is great if you like to DISASSOCIATE from reality, by night 3 I tend to be in a complete fugue state and don’t recognise my life before it started.
Yes - I too see Sanremo as very downers in comparison to Melodifestivalen, which is very uppers

I will be watching and throwing scorn next year, to distract from my Stockholm Syndrome / being in the pay of BIG MONGE

First rumours for next year are starting to come out:

Diodato (His most recent album has underperformed so he's probably looking for a hit single)
Mahmood (I'd be amazed if he returned so soon. However he hasn't done anything since Brividi and probably has new material coming out late 2023/early 2024)
Annalisa
Emma
Mara Sattei
La Rappresentante di Lista
Arisa (She'll be looking to get her career back on track after the backlash earlier in the year where she outed herself as a Giorgia Meloni fan :zombie:).

I feel like I already know what the winning song sounds like

(Excited about the gems in between)

If Annalisa turns up with something like Bellissima, I may just die.

We need a female-front uptempo banger from Italy at some point (LRDL).

Feels unlikely with the voting patterns of juries and public though.

Literally no woman has actually just straight up won Sanremo and been the entry since they've come back, have they?

No but Arisa did win in 2014 and would have gone to Eurovision had Rai not chosen Emma instead.

Marco Mangoni was just amazing. I had hope that he will win . Anyway, will be difficult to find someone better than this guy

Marco Mangoni was just amazing. I had hope that he will win . Anyway, will be difficult to find someone better than this guy
He did very well! :)

Top 5 is no mean feat for a performance staged in such a straightforward way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom