The Saturday Mopsy Turned 20 🎉

MAWNIN

It's Moopy's birthday! 20 today! Two Decades or Too Decayed? You decide.

Annoyingly, the office is busier than I had anticipated. Still, headphones on, Autechre 1994-1999 on shuffle, let's see how we run.

I have changed the name of the Daily Thread in mopsy's honour.

Let's hope Elisa won't mind. :)

8820659-removebg-preview.png

Greetings from Forest Hill where I’ve just seen a half dozen eggs for sale for £3.75.

I always assumed this was a well established community of weirdos
Well, we were but via Dotmusic. When that shut down there was a flurry of new sites, designed to keep the community 'together' albeit with different angles.

Mr Sheena has encouraged me to do dry February with him and I’ve agreed. As I went on holiday in January and had a lovely time, I’ll be ready for a nice break.

Three days in and I’m GASPING.

I’ve spent all afternoon cooking as weve got mates coming over. My dhal game is spot on, the house smells amazing.

I have such a rough fucking cold.

It feels a bit unfair. I've been eating well, taking vitamins, but have a full blown everything flowing and achey event.

Why was it coming off and did it hurt?
Seventeen months ago I defied Mr F and moved the dishwasher to repair it. In the process I accidentally trapped my big toe under the dishwasher and the nail bent backwards and it went blue within minutes. It was painful when I did it but I think I also damaged the nerve because for about six weeks afterwards hot water felt freezing cold on that toe and it didn't bend properly. Mr F kept telling me to go to see the nurse about it (in between I-told-you-so-ing) but the black toenail was so horrific and yet so compelling. Every other Sunday I'd get my collection of nailclippers and trim off what I could in the hope it would just fall off but I didn't have the stomach to try and remove it myself, I just assumed I would take my sock off one night and it would have come off but it never did. Over time a new nail started growing underneath it and pushing the black bit towards the end of my toe and yesterday morning when I got up it looked weird so I touched it and the black part pinged off. Having had a good old dig at it this afternoon it's now ingrown at the sides so at least I'll have something to mess with for months to come.

I've had the black toenail for so long my foot looks wrong now it's gone.

Where did Mopsy come from? 😬

Let’s celebrate MOOPY and all who sail in them!

My hardback of the Moopy Anals has yet to arrive, but I do believe it mutated from Dot Music?

Mopsy did? I thought it was a cringe thing that came from the likes of Zu who is alright but a bit bitter and OK in small doses. Apologies to any aliases who may be present.

Mopsy did? I thought it was a cringe thing that came from the likes of Zu who is alright but a bit bitter and OK in small doses. Apologies to any aliases who may be present.

Oh do you mean "mopsy" as in a catch-term for just "moopy"? If so, no idea who slipped that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom