UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Do "slow realisations" really bring down politicians though?

I think it will when it starts really hitting people/their children in the pocket, and in this case there's literally no EU bogeyman or Labour government from 10 years ago that the Tories can lay the blame on. It's literally ENTIRELY their fault, and they have nowhere to hide.

I'd imagine that the affected urban flat-dwellers are less likely to be Tory voters in the first place though.

This might be a bit cynical, but I'd be interested to know how widespread the cladding issue is outside of major cities, because although I currently live somewhere MILDLY FLAMMABLE (renting of course) I live in a Labour area. I'm sceptical that the people voting Boris would care about people who own flats in major cities OR people who live in social housing.

I do live in one of the strongest of Labour strongholds in the ENTIRE COUNTRY, and the cladding decision this week is something people are absolutely FURIOUS about locally - perhaps this has skewed my perception. But I do think it's going to be a massive shit-show!

I do live in one of the strongest of Labour strongholds in the ENTIRE COUNTRY, and the cladding decision this week is something people are absolutely FURIOUS about locally - perhaps this has skewed my perception. But I do think it's going to be a massive shit-show!

I do hope you're right :disco:

I've just read about it. That is gonna piss a lot of people off, but we'll see how that changes anything. Low and middle income people living in town and city centre flats are, as has been said, hardly gonna rock the Tory vote.

Flying a French flag out of my window AS WE SPEAK :disco::france:

Don’t you just LOVE Brexit Britain <3

Actions against France, the day before an election. And they accused Labour of playing politics.

I wish he'd died of Covid last year.

Sadly when I think of Jersey I just think of paedophilia. I know unbelievably little about the Channel Islands aside from the fact they were occupied by the Nazis.

It isn't even a Brexit issue, for once. The Channel Islands were never in the European Union.

sDmiAl.gif

Boris has a CCJ for a £535 debt that he’s unable to pay!!! Him being flat broke is the ONLY pleasing thing about him being PM.

Boris has a CCJ for a £535 debt that he’s unable to pay!!! Him being flat broke is the ONLY pleasing thing about him being PM.

Makes him instantly unsuitable for any job in the financial services industry. Flash forward to him getting multiple board positions with international banks, investment funds etc.

The Universities Minister just said the Tories' new FREE SPEECH ON CAMPUS laws will protect Holocaust deniers from being no-platformed :goodgrief:

Oh so only CERTAIN people have to adopt to the IHRA definitions of antisemitism they screamed so loudly about during the last election. :eyes:

Do we give a shit about Dominic Cummings' testimony today? As much as I would like to think it will do some damage, I highly doubt it. Might keep it on in the background though.

Apparently Cummings was calling for Matt Hancock to be sacked for about 15-20 different things, including lying in meetings and to the public... Which I think tells us all we need to know about the chances of anyone facing any sort of JUSTICE for ANYTHING if left to the Conservatives.

It is really is quite shocking. It should bring down the PM and Health Secretary, if not the entire government.

It won't. But it should. I think Hancock taking the fall is about the most we could expect, but he has already avoided being fired 15 times already so what is a 16th?

Dishi Rishi getting a big thumbs up. Handjob being slaughtered.

He still really hates Carrie doesn't he?

I don't mean this to in any way defend the government, but I wouldn't necessarily trust a word that comes out of Cummings' mouth. He lies as much as the rest of them do. This just feels like an exercise in score-settling. All that stuff about Carrie Symonds and her dog? It may well be true, but it all feels very pointed to make her look like some Marie Antoinette figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom