The USA: The Biden Years

It’s frustrating that things like that will just go back and forth with each president

I was thinking the same, I’m glad everyone has the right to be part of it but I would not like to associate with anyone who joins any military by choice.

The debate around the Covid stimulus cheques has been rumbling on for a while now - basically there was a payment of $600, then multiple Democrats talked about a payment of $2000 (including the Ossoff and Warnock election campaigns using a literal picture of a cheque with $2000 written on it in campaign ads)... which is now being walked back to a $1400 payment for a CUMULATIVE amount of $2000. There have also been some rumblings about the $1400 being reduced to $1000 - Democrats' ability to constantly compromise THEMSELVES down at every opportunity and destroy any political goodwill they might have possibly built up will never fail to amaze me. Here's a good video that illustrates what I'm talking about:

It's also a bit hard to pick up in that video, but Kamala Harris was pushing for a $2000 payment for every American, every MONTH that the pandemic continued, before she became Biden's running mate.

Oh god, it's even worse than I thought - I thought everyone got it already :(

In theory yes. But I haven't gotten mine, and neither have multiple people I know.

Actually nvm! I just looked again and it actually went to an old checking account I had in college. So thanks for the $600 @COB :D

Apparently I'm an idiot, but there are still a lot of people (who needed it more than me in the first place) who haven't gotten it

It's based on your tax return from 2019. You can also fill out a form to get it if you didn't file that year but get it now

Meanwhile, Biden has also signed an executive order that allows people not reporting to work because they fear Corona infection to collect unemployment. Given that we're one shake away from going on STRIKE over this very thing, that support is gonna mean everything.

I read that she was voted to remain a few hours ago, is this a different vote?

CNN reported yesterday that she was likely to just get a slap on the wrist from McCarthy. Ugh.

I hope so. What an embarrassment for Georgia and America

I just looked on cnn and she’s just being voted on being removed from committees, not from the house itself

Yeah, not sure what the process is to remove someone from the House? I imagine it needs certain bipartisan votes like impeachment conviction?

A 2/3 vote in the house to expel her. So yes it needs bipartisan support, but it’s not as complex as impeachment/expulsion of a president

Yeah but the vote was always to get her off the committees. Which is good cause one of them was education related and that illiterate bitch could do real damage.

The worst thing is she's too stupid to learn from it or even accept that she did anything wrong.

That's the problem with these cults. They're like a virus. Their way of surviving is by doubling down, in this case they'll claim she's being censored because she's exposing the swamp. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will be having fun tonight, feeding off this news.

Well, she blatantly tried to save her own skin and it’s done some damage

Reactions: dUb
The top left one says “Felicia Greene.” Did they attempt “bye felicia” but misunderstand how to use it

It still needs to go through the House, but it looks like they're going to get it through despite the usual insane Republican filibustering.

If it can make it through the senate, it can make it through the house

Reactions: VoR
Ted Cruz just hopped onto a plane to Mexico for a little vacay while Texas is in the middle of a deadly freeze :D you couldn’t make it up.

And of course he won’t be punished for this in any way and Republican voters will make excuses for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom