The War in Ukraine

Funnily enough a certain former Moopy was saying only today that he thought Putin only wanted the breakaway states.

Listening to the speech he made, he was seemingly hinting that all the former Soviet republics belonged to Russia :eyes:

These sanctions better be good. The west has been too weak on Russia for far too long.

These sanctions better be good. The west has been too weak on Russia for far too long.
Can these please happen now? His intentions are clear - it’s time for sanctions right now, not after the event.

And chuck them out of Eurovision too. :evil:

All seriousness aside, I can’t deal with new breakaway states. They mess up the maps too. Especially Russia is already responsible for about four others. :evil:

Well that's it then. See you all the nuclear bunker (directions please if you happen to have one near you).

3D366C39-AA6C-4F3E-B244-3252DC53787B.jpeg

Can someone explain why the west are being so SLOW when it comes to sanctions? Surely this is a win win for Europe and the US as they actually have a legitimate excuse to weaken the Russian economy, which plays into their hands?

Can someone explain why the west are being so SLOW when it comes to sanctions? Surely this is a win win for Europe and the US as they actually have a legitimate excuse to weaken the Russian economy, which plays into their hands?
It's not the first time, it just can't be taken seriously, cause it doesn't have the political unification that would allow any serious actions.
And the delay usually comes from the fact that each constituting country is playing its own game and has to worry about its own international balances.

It's not the first time, it just can't be taken seriously, cause it doesn't have the political unification that would allow any serious actions.
And the delay usually comes from the fact that each constituting country is playing its own game and has to worry about its own international balances.

oh I know but all the chest beating about restricting financial access and blocking investments and yadda yadda. It just sounds like hot air, which you expect from Boris, maybe not so much the other leaders but at the end of the day they're ALL THE SAME I suppose...

I guess once you've inflicted the pain, you have nothing left to threaten!

The west will forget about this in a few years time like they did with Crimea and grow greedy again.

Because Russia has plenty of leverage to hit the West back where it hurts plenty right now already too on energy and food imports. I'd imagine people won't enjoy facing even more inflation on energy bills.

They've been hitting us where it hurts on energy for YEARS!
Gazprom has been undersupplying on contracts for a few years, so there isn't much in terms of stockpiles in the countries that rely on Russia for gas now either. This has clearly been in the planning for quite a while - a la Thatcher building up a warchest of coal in advance of declaring war on the miners.

I suppose Putin continuously cock teasing access to energy is no more the boy who cried wolf than the West is when cock teasing sanctions. They're all as bad as each other when it comes to war mongering!

I’m really scared by this so can someone tell me that I’m wrong please
For what it's worth I am nominating you as camp leader should there be a Nuclear Holocaust. I think you have the perfect survival mind- and skill- set

Suomi, you can stay with me in Donegal if worst comes to worst. Nobody would dear nuke Ireland x

Ugh the MARKETING energy in that Liz Truss post. They're all really enjoying this opportunity to make their mark!

oh I know but all the chest beating about restricting financial access and blocking investments and yadda yadda. It just sounds like hot air, which you expect from Boris, maybe not so much the other leaders but at the end of the day they're ALL THE SAME I suppose...
They are but this should be theoretically easier for the UK than, say, Germany. Freezing a bunch of Russian own investments in the UK is small fry compared to potentially refusing Russian gas and seeing the heat go out. That is the decision a few central European countries are going to have wrestle with - but Nord Stram 2 was naive and short-termist to begin with.

It’s horrible how this seems to be following the same old manuscript and the rest of the world is watching and not really being able to stop it.

I do think that the EU and US seem to be more determined to act than they were in 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom