The Wendy Williams Thread

The government has assigned her a conservator.

1000007820.jpg

Just when it looked on the up. I do worry the guardian is basically a hanger on type. Wanda is a lawyer I'm sure, so it just seems so bizarre she wouldn't have been assigned the role.

That documentary should not be aired. Everything about it is problematic and not to sound too dramatic but the decision behind making it should be investigated by the broadcaster. It still amazes me that mental health remains a wild west topic for entertainment channels to exploit and leverage.

That documentary should not be aired. Everything about it is problematic and not to sound too dramatic but the decision behind making it should be investigated by the broadcaster. It still amazes me that mental health remains a wild west topic for entertainment channels to exploit and leverage.
Wendy is a producer herself on the doc and her family have been involved with it to a degree. I don't think it's an exercise in manipulation. it does seem like extremely uncomfortable viewing though.

Wendy is a producer herself on the doc and her family have been involved with it to a degree. I don't think it's an exercise in manipulation. it does seem like extremely uncomfortable viewing though.

I guessed that might be the case and i
Imagine she was pushing for it for financial reasons after she was axed from her show, but given the amount of time the execs and producers would have spent with her during filming, they would have seen much more than we have in that trailer and had every opportunity to do the right thing and pull it.

It’s complete exploitation.

Her messy behavior really isolated her though. Has a single celebrity come to her defense or anything?

there are more important things in life - she's on good terms with her family so who cares what Kelly Rowland thinks
It's not so much that it makes any real difference, but she hasn't done herself any favors by a generally awful person.

It's not so much that it makes any real difference, but she hasn't done herself any favors by a generally awful person.

I have always known of her but very little about her. So she was always awful, or is this since her issues with aphasia?

I have always known of her but very little about her. So she was always awful, or is this since her issues with aphasia?
her career was built on being a shock jock and a bit of a shit talker basically. she had infamous interviews on her radio show in the 00s where she probed too far into the personal lives of Mariah and Whitney and threw a ton of shade. but she could take it too. she's talked a lot of shit about big names (often women) but she was never any worse than, say, Joan Rivers, and actually much less malicious. it was always a bit tongue in cheek.

sounds like the health issues date back to about 2017 and by 2021 she was having memory blackouts. I guess because she had alcoholism issues as well as Grave's disease it took a long time for people to see that there were further issues to diagnose.

this I didn't know (the latter part)!
I think most of it was directed at Caitlyn Jenner's former identity, Bruce. She would make fun and call him "Brucetta". Lots of famous drag queens spoke up about it at the time. It was just really uncomfortable.

Last edited:
She'd also randomly accuse of people being gay and try to out them, and she has a pretty SOLID history saying transphobic shit.

This begs the question why is she an emoji and on the Moopy banner?

This begs the question why is she an emoji and on the Moopy banner?
I mean she left a pretty big mark on entertainment, and the gays DEFINITELY still love her. People are very selective with who they 'cancel'.

I mean she left a pretty big mark on entertainment, and the gays DEFINITELY still love her. People are very selective with who they 'cancel'.

I’m assuming most on here didn’t know? Knowing the people on here if they knew she was a transphobe she wouldn’t be present as an emoji or on the Moopy banner.

I’m assuming most on here didn’t know? Knowing the people on here if they knew she was a transphobe she wouldn’t be present as an emoji or on the Moopy banner.
Yeah that last post sounded super shady. I didn't mean people HERE are overlooking her awful behavior. But when she's still being referenced and celebrated everywhere online, esp by the gays, it inevitably makes its way here.

I'm not trying to be the authority on the banner or anything like that. I'm happy with whatever Moopy decides. But I just can't help but sense some justice here. She built her entire empire and wealth on talking shit, spreading lies, and disrespecting people's privacy. And now her pain and misery are being poked and paraded in the exact same way she did it to other people. It's all very tragic.

I'm happy to depose her from the banner (won't be until Sunday at the earliest), however the Moopmoji is in problematic faves, so it's already acknowledged that she's a bad person

to be fair, that emoji captured one of her MANY moments KC I mentioned, I mean, she was wishing death on Britney's family :o so Problematic Faves is apt.

Also, THERESA MAY is on the banner, so really, if we're removing Wendy we need a FULL AUDIT and STATEMENT OF INTENT for the banner

To me Wendy Williams is no different to someone like Kathy Griffin, as much as I don’t like the former and love the latter, that’s just a taste thing, nothing to do with their style. Wendy isn’t an anti-trans activist she’s just as has been said a bit of a shock jock. She’s not JK Rowling.

Moopy probably has to decide what it celebrates as crap as what it is actively against. Celebrating Theresa May for being a bit of a cringefest is fine in that context. Celebrating Liz Truss for being a bit of a cringefest when she’s also extremely dangerous as a politician and exploits minorities for her agenda, is problematic in my opinion.

That would be my distinction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom