Tinnitus

I need the prescription please.

I ended up with tinnitus exactly a year ago because of both viral and infectious diseases, it was a case of collateral damage hence why I assume it went away completely.

I got food poisoning which ended up being pinworms so I took my prescriptions but little did I know I Was allergic to one in particular which caused a nasty old rash in my upper body and out of the blue I started having Meniere's disease symptoms (Tinnitus, vertigo, hearing loss, and a sense of pressure) in my right ear. :D The last semester of 2022 was a literal nightmare for me. My health has improved since early 2023 and been feeling like new.

Anyway, I ended up taking this (It's also used for STDs and Meningitis though) https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a685032.html

I got tinnitus mid June of this year. At first it wasn’t that bad . Then it got really bad about two weeks after. It got so loud right before going to bed. I would wake up every half an hour. This went for about a month. I got a hearing test and came out fine. It’s gotten better for some reason. The only thing I hear are crickets when it’s silent but it doesn’t bother me anymore but it’s not loud. As long as it doesn’t get worse I’ll be happy. I made an appointment with the Staten Island audiology in two weeks, i think they will run some tests and see if there is a chance for some treatment.

Last edited:
I’ve had it for close to 30 years now. Too many loud metal/punk shows in my teenage years probably what did me in. I’ve had different MDs check my hearing but nothing worked for treatment. I really don’t even notice it anymore unless I’m thinking about it like just now when I saw this thread title. Now it’s loud as fuck in both ears :D

I had a temporary one in my left ear for a couple of days in January due to an ear canal infection and boy, did that week ever suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom