Topic for news events that probably don’t justify a new topic

I know this has just passed, but I found this story absolutely mental, and prime subject matter for an embellished ITV crime drama in a couple of years.

This is clearly tragic but I thought the word agog was a Moopy joke, not something that would be used in a news article

I was thinking of checking out the Halloween loons in Osaka after work yesterday but I was a bit traumatised last time, it was SO crowded on the main bridge that I worried someone/me would be crushed. Awful to see so many deaths in Korea ...

Oh it was Itaewon too, that's like the trendy bit.

I saw they were limiting the Halloween activities in Tokyo, they usually have a big unauthorised piss-up in Shinjuku at that big traffic crossing you always see in Tokyo tourist videos. I think alcohol was banned there this year to try and stop it. I'm sure they'll be on high alert now after this disaster

I know this has just passed, but I found this story absolutely mental, and prime subject matter for an embellished ITV crime drama in a couple of years.

So much was made of this being the first murder trial where cameras are allowed in to court for the sentencing and... they just show the judge, and not the guilty party? RUBBISH. I don't need to see what some old man in a wig reading his notes look like, I want to see how the guilty party receives their fate

That aside, this is QUITE the case and it's especially exciting to have a female murderer for once. There should be more gender equality when it comes to killers.

So much was made of this being the first murder trial where cameras are allowed in to court for the sentencing and... they just show the judge, and not the guilty party? RUBBISH. I don't need to see what some old man in a wig reading his notes look like, I want to see how the guilty party receives their fate
I think they're testing the water for a while. I imagine it may lead to more in the future. I thought it was interesting enough. Parliament wasn't televised until the 1980s.

Good point, hopefully it will continue to evolve. I want Courtflix, where for a small monthly subscription fee I can stream the most gruesome and interesting cases from every High Court in the land :disco:

Good point, hopefully it will continue to evolve. I want Courtflix, where for a small monthly subscription fee I can stream the most gruesome and interesting cases from every High Court in the land :disco:
Are you the sort who pops along with a few cheese and pickle sandwiches and the latest Puzzler magazine to the public gallery to make a day of it?

So much shit going on in the world.

BBC News - Somalia Mogadishu bombings: Twin blasts kill 100 in capital

BBC News - India bridge collapse: Hundreds plunged into river and dozens killed in Gujarat

Seven dead after failed chicken feet market stall robbery.

1080.jpg

So much shit going on in the world.

BBC News - Somalia Mogadishu bombings: Twin blasts kill 100 in capital

BBC News - India bridge collapse: Hundreds plunged into river and dozens killed in Gujarat

Now up to 150 in the bridge collapse :(

That's quite traumatic. But who was letting them do that? So very negligent.

Yeah, and a 6 year old in critical condition. What 11-12 year olds are hanging out with 6-8 year olds unsupervised?

There's very limited info available, did anyone try to save them? The fact they're still searching the lake, makes me wonder if they were totally unsupervised, because surely someone would know who was there.

There's very limited info available, did anyone try to save them? The fact they're still searching the lake, makes me wonder if they were totally unsupervised, because surely someone would know who was there.
Yes other people have tried before the firefighters.
There could still be another two in the lake, it's unclear.

I'm no fan of the police but I can't imagine the sheer heartache of diving unprotected into icy water, punching at the ice to save a child all in vain. Thats some traumatic shit. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom