Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean

I must remember to tell my friend who is going with me that the timbre has changed so that they’re not too surprised. I think they fell off the Tori wagon after Choirgirl. In fact I think I’ll just get them Ocean To Ocean as part of a Christmas gift.

Popping this album on to JOIN IN WITH THE CHAT (:)) (mainly because I don’t have to pay anything to do so) and why is she singing from the middle of her mouth rather than her gut? I’m sure there’s a more technical description for this kind of activity but I wouldn’t know - I’m not a scientist :)

Anyway it sounds like more of the same unengaging rubbish :tongueout:

Popping this album on to JOIN IN WITH THE CHAT (:)) (mainly because I don’t have to pay anything to do so) and why is she singing from the middle of her mouth rather than her gut? I’m sure there’s a more technical description for this kind of activity but I wouldn’t know - I’m not a scientist :)

Anyway it sounds like more of the same unengaging rubbish :tongueout:
I can't :D

This has crept up almost unexpectedly for tomorrow night. Had a sneaky peek at the Edinburgh set list, was a wee bit disappointed she’s dropped my favourite part of the last London show but entirely expected, she’ll be great as always no doubt. Tori prep day today.

1CE7F588-3ED3-4489-B43A-9F1899E1CAA2.jpeg

She was and Venus got some love too. She mashed Body and Soul with Personal Jesus and Take To The Sky with I Feel The Earth Move for the encore. My favourite moment was when she got carried away with the audience rushing to the front during Cornflake Girl and slammed her stiletto onto the Bosendorfer keys.

Last edited:
I think last night was the best I've EVER seen of her, and it must have been at least my 8th or 9th time. Increasingly looking like last year's mini tour was more of a warm up.

Having a band obviously helps, but vocally and just mentally she was so present! Crucify with the breakdown was a glimmer of why she was such a live act force in the 90s and it's good to see she hasn't lost that (albeit I doubt she could keep it like that for the entire show).

Setlist mostly playing it safe but to be honest, Crucify, Silent all These Years and Cornflake Girl were my faves. A couple of curveballs in the guise of Daisy Dead Petals and Climb, the latter of which worked fantastically.

A joanne score of 96

(The programme being £15 for a few pretty pictures and nice quotes was a bit meh)

ToriAmos The Queen Of Pop: A Discography

• Y Kant Tori Read?
  • Little Earthquakes
  • Under The Pink
  • Pink Earthquakes
  • Boys For Pele
  • from the choirgirl hotel
  • To Venus And Back
  • Strange Little Girls
  • Scarlet's Walk
  • Scarlet's Hidden Treasures @Iguana
  • Tales Of A Librarian