08 Barons of Suburbia
10 Sleeps With Butterflies
07 General Joy
07 Mother Revolution
05 Ribbons Undone
10 Cars & Guitars
05 Witness
10 Original Sinsuality

What, this is only 2 minutes?? Is she nuts? Do I already know the answers to these pointless questions??

Ireland in the summer... Here is where I seem to remember slices. Here is where I've come to reemember Poppa's stories of the Cherokee Nation. Go figure. The Cherokee and the Irish have both had their cultures invaded, and maybe that's why they have bonded within my family bloodline -- but it's more than that. I don't know if there is something in the water, something in the rain. And jeez. It's been raining. The August fires are burning steadily here in the old Irish house. The tank tops we all brought are whispering warm-weather chants under cardigans. The guys have gone down for a Murphy's or a Guiness on tap, down at Paula's place. It doesn't matter if she hasn't seen us in a year; she always acts like we're regulars. Maybe that's just the Irish way, but it pulls me back time and time again. When I was writing "Ireland," I was reading some book a journalist had given me about James Joyce and I was drawn into that fabric that made up his tapestry, his life. There was a spoiled nun who taught him the names of the mountains on the moon... I figured if "Ireland" was referring to James Joyce, then it needed to have nuns, and if it had nuns, then it needed to have white-collar sadomasochists from Wall Street, and if it had that, then it needed to have Vikings since anywhere you go around Ireland their presence is still felt. And if you had Vikings, then you needed to include the ancient irish legends, which are usually divided into four cycles. The first one is the Mythological Cycle, whereby the Tuatha De Danann, who are descendants of the goddess D'Anu, known as the divine people, begin the richness of Irish mythology with stories that tell of their origins and their ways. Stories of the malevolent Formorians, who battle the Tuatha De Danann for control over Ireland. Tales of the Sidh -- a term for an otherworldly being, or a place -- a mound where the Sidh live. The Tuatha De Danann were defeated by the Milesians by the end of the Bronze Age (circa 300 B.C.), and their otherworldly presence toko the form of the Sidh in the legends. After their defeat, writes their contemporary chronicler Eithne Massey, the Sidh "took refuge in the world of hollow mounds and magical islands far out to sea, but often used their otherworldly powers to help or hinder mortals." The Sidh's historical myth is the source of the bastardized concept of a fairy -- as if anyone gives a rat's ass. But for all those fairy haters out there, at least now you'll know the origin of that which you hate.

Next up comes the Ulster Cycle, then the Kings during the early Christian era. "Ireland" incorporates the story of Macha, a goddess of Motherhood and Blood, who was nine months' pregnant when she was forced by her husband to race against the king's horses to fulfill a boast he had made. Macha did in fact run faster than the horses-and cursed the sons of Ulster after having given birth to her twins. Late at night in pubs in Ireland, sometimes you will hear a reference to Macha and her curse, which many believe can still befall you when you least expect it.

Queen Maeve and the warrior Cu Chulainn are the main characters in the Cattle Raid of Cooley, also known as the famed Tain Bo Cuailgne. The Morrigan embodies one of the triple battle fairies. The desire men felt for the beautiful Deirdre was what ended her life, as far as I'm concerened one of the saddest stories of all time. Eithne Massey's book Legendary Ireland: A Journey Through Celtic Places and Myths is where you can dive into more on this.

The way she had this much to say about Ireland.

"Late at night in pubs in Ireland, sometimes you will hear a reference to Macha and her curse, which many believe can still befall you when you least expect it."

I missed this while I was there somehow

09 Parasol
10 Sweet the Sting
09 Power of Orange Knickers
11 Jamaica Inn
08 Barons of Suburbia
10 Sleeps With Butterflies
07 General Joy
07 Mother Revolution
05 Ribbons Undone
10 Cars & Guitars
05 Witness
10 Original Sinsuality
01 Ireland

"The Beekeeper is a song about being unable to cope with the death of a loved one. In this case Tori is asking β€œThe Beekeeper” to spare her mothers life and possibly take her instead. The song concludes with The Beekeeper passing her by but tells her not to be confused since β€œone day I’ll be coming for you…”

Well thats about the most depressing thing I've seen in a while

It does feel like Tori picks a random drug and writes a song no matter what with each one. This album is all over the joint (and I'm totally here for it).

10 Parasol
09 Sweet The Sting
09 Orange Knickers
04 Jamaica Inn
08 Barons of Suburbia
07 Sleeps With Butterflies
10 General Joy
09 Mother Revolution
07 Ribbons Undone
09 Cars and Guitars
06 Witness
11 Original Sinsuality