Tuesday 1st January 2019

I started the year with a good blast of SOPHIE and I'm now moving onto the Queen Of The Piano, Kelly Moran.

Happy new CHER everyone!

That's right, I may have forgotten to mention that Santa bought me CHER TICKETS this year :disco:

Happy New Year Moopy.

The annual Soirée went well, and I have woken up on the first day of 2019 without a hideous hangover as I decided to reign it in for a change.

In not the greatest start to the new year, my great aunt died this morning - she was 100 which is pretty amazing, but it's still made be sad. She was very much the matriarch of the family, the eldest of five with no children herself. She was only married for a year of those 100 years - her husband died young - so she took on a maternal role when it came to the rest of the family.

In not the greatest start to the new year, my great aunt died this morning - she was 100 which is pretty amazing, but it's still made be sad. She was very much the matriarch of the family, the eldest of five with no children herself. She was only married for a year of those 100 years - her husband died young - so she took on a maternal role when it came to the rest of the family.

Sorry to hear that. My experience over the years has been that the older someone is when we lose them, the less cheated we feel but that this does nothing for the sadness we feel. Peace to you and yours. x

She sounds fabulous.

No hangover!

I do have ear ache, swollen neck glands, an acutely sore throat, a blocked nose, fatigue and a headache! Plus we're just 80 days away from Brexit!

Happy new year!

Happy new year

The party I hosted went well, I didn’t get to drink that much but still feel hung to hell this morning

What did I do to deserve that?

No hangover for me but I do have a stonker of a headache. Last night was not the most fun evening I've had but it was a laugh, especially when, during Cards Against Humanity, I was the one nominated to explain bukake to my 12 year old niece (who pronounced it boocake) because my brother refused to and my sister-in-law didn't know what it was. I thought they were going to sod off right after midnight but they left it till half past one before ringing a taxi so that didn't arrive till ten past two.

Happy new year everybody!

Happy new year

I ended up going out last night. I came back at 10 this morning. I’m literally dying.

Humpy old beer.

I went to bed at 5.30am and got up at 1pm. Not really a big fan of living right now.

No hangover for me but I do have a stonker of a headache. Last night was not the most fun evening I've had but it was a laugh, especially when, during Cards Against Humanity, I was the one nominated to explain bukake to my 12 year old niece (who pronounced it boocake) because my brother refused to and my sister-in-law didn't know what it was. I thought they were going to sod off right after midnight but they left it till half past one before ringing a taxi so that didn't arrive till ten past two.

Happy new year everybody!

Is "We'll tell you when you're older" not an acceptable thing to say these days? :D

Sometimes when mummy and daddy love each other very much, they have a special party with daddy’s rugby friends and jizz all over mummy’s face

Reactions: Zu
When I was asked to explain bukake to my Mum during Cards Against Humanity, she just gave a side-eye and said: “oh, I didn’t realise there was a word for that”.

Is "We'll tell you when you're older" not an acceptable thing to say these days? :D

I did say that it was something she didn't need to know about yet but she threatened to google it on her phone if I didn't tell her. I dread to think what the search results would throw up and where it would take her from there so thought a quick explanation was the wisest option. I used the proper terminology of masturbate and ejaculate in the hope that it would stop further questioning and thankfully it did. Just glad she didn't ask why a woman would want to be involved in something like that because I had no answer to that one. :D

I just nearly fainted at a nature reserve. This illness is crumby.

I did say that it was something she didn't need to know about yet but she threatened to google it on her phone if I didn't tell her. I dread to think what the search results would throw up and where it would take her from there so thought a quick explanation was the wisest option. I used the proper terminology of masturbate and ejaculate in the hope that it would stop further questioning and thankfully it did. Just glad she didn't ask why a woman would want to be involved in something like that because I had no answer to that one. :D

Oh God, good save - Google definitely isn't your friend in that situation! She must be made of strong stuff if she wasn't mortified by her aunt talking to her about ejaculation :D

Oh God, good save - Google definitely isn't your friend in that situation! She must be made of strong stuff if she wasn't mortified by her aunt talking to her about ejaculation :D

It's scary now because children are on their phones constantly and they're used to just doing a search for stuff, it must be a nightmare for parents. The spawn didn't have a phone at that age so I did the sex-education chats when she asked me questions and found that using the proper terminology shut her up a lot sooner. I've always been her fun Aunty which helped a lot, plus I bought her a Pandora bangle for Christmas so I'm well in her good books, she was fine with it and I was impressed how mature she was about it and told her so.

We do need an 'Ask Flop' thread for all of life's essential questions.

Genuinely, when I'm going through a crisis, I sometimes think of messaging for advice, or at least I ask myself what she would say.

We do need an 'Ask Flop' thread for all of life's essential questions.

Genuinely, when I'm going through a crisis, I sometimes think of messaging for advice, or at least I ask myself what she would say.

You know you can ask me anything, anytime. I'm very flattered and now I'm imagining you struggling with a dilemma and imagining me telling you "stop whining and just get on with it, you know you're more than capable so what are you scared of?" with my brash flat vowels. Well it's either that or I'm saying bRown to the Right, bLue to the left and green and yellow goes up. :D

Well my NYE was fun and the meal went down a storm but I am ruined like I haven’t been in years. Haven’t eaten a thing all day, spent all of it in bed, mostly asleep and properly dying.

HAPPY 2019 LOVES!

I managed a bit of Marmite toast. Sleeping all day will mean I won’t sleep well tonight now and be rotten tomorrow to go back to work. UGH!

I managed a bit of Marmite toast. Sleeping all day will mean I won’t sleep well tonight now and be rotten tomorrow to go back to work. UGH!
Ugh, me too. I'm such a fucking idiot for not taking the day off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom