UK...NIL POINTS

Sheena

ROMANCE
Feel we should have a separate thread for what was a DISASTER, as expected as it was.

James took it well and made me kinda warm to him, but it was entirely unsurprising and annoyed that it has provoked a LOT of friends to send "IT"S ALL POLITICAL!" texts...

Feels pointless to even ask ‘what do we do next?’
It won’t happen but I would be up for sitting it out for a couple of years.

WE SENT SHIT. My point in previous topics STANDS. We have the TALENT, just STOP FUCKING AROUND with amateurs!

Yes I'm already getting the "oh it's all political innit" messages which obviously entirely miss the point.

Moldova got JURY TWELVES after FORGETTING TO LIFT THE MICROPHONE TO HER MOUTH BEFORE SINGING. It’s at least a bit political/otherwise corrupt.

You know what...I don't CARE ANYMORE...I did feel sorry for James...but the BBC..fuck em.

Moldova got JURY TWELVES after FORGETTING TO LIFT THE MICROPHONE TO HER MOUTH BEFORE SINGING. It’s at least a bit political/otherwise corrupt.

I think it’s harder for the likes of the UK and various others due to a variety of reasons that may be political somewhat (lack of borders, general dislike from the mainland or whatever) - but whilst that may cause a few points lost here and there, it just means the song and performance need to be good to offset that. Many other countries are in a similar boat and can easily rack up points.

I genuinely think nothing that the UK has sent since Blue was any better than a 5/10 at a push and when it comes to competing with a show filled with genuinely good performances that is never going to do well.

Mind you, the charms of Moldova aside, the jury points are taken at the Jury Rehearsal, not the actual final - presumably in THAT perf she didn't lose the mic, and totally hit that money note

Kaftan she betta don’t!
Drag Queen GIF

I feel bad for James, who I thought really made an EFFORT, even if it didn't pay off.

I think sometimes the UK fans counteract the GP narrative of it all being POLITICAL by being like 'well everything we send is SHITE' etc etc but I do think the song was DECENT this year, I just think everything else was BETTER :D

I said this on the insta live thing, but nobody watched that so .. firstly I want an end to the Big Five, even FIFA isn't corrupt enough to qualify countries based on their bank book :D

Also, I'd love for the UK to send something in WELSH or SCOTS, it's never been represented in the main show before, and maybe we could get some kudos for sharing our culture rather than just half-arsedly trying to win and getting shitty when we don't

Look, was it bad? Yes.

Was it jake and Joel? No.

I didn't come alive when I'm with it. Come alive when I'm with it.

But it was fine and merited its place.

I said this on the insta live thing, but nobody watched that so .. firstly I want an end to the Big Five, even FIFA isn't corrupt enough to qualify countries based on their bank book :D

Also, I'd love for the UK to send something in WELSH or SCOTS, it's never been represented in the main show before, and maybe we could get some kudos for sharing our culture rather than just half-arsedly trying to win and getting shitty when we don't
CORNISH or just send @Rachey singing about fudge

Look, was it bad? Yes.

Was it jake and Joel? No.

I didn't come alive when I'm with it. Come alive when I'm with it.

But it was fine and merited its place.
I preferred Jake and Joel :D

CORNISH or just send @Rachey singing about fudge

Well maybe not Cornish :D but you know what I mean? The official line is that we are trying to win, but I don't think there is the conviction from the BBC to really make it happen. I'm totally fine with it not being a famous artist, that's a fairly cheap way to try and get points and it rarely pays off anyway (hi Flo ...)

How political is it really when Israel are shelling Palestine and still getting 93 points?

WE SENT SHIT. My point in previous topics STANDS. We have the TALENT, just STOP FUCKING AROUND with amateurs!
He's not really an amateur though. Problem is just that there were easily 20 better entries.

Reactions: GNL
It did also get eight 12s on the televote in the semis. There was a bit of corruption going on, but like, the fact it was a complete banger obviously connected a bit.

I'm sorry but it IS political!!! I've listened to some of the songs that finished high up and ours blows most of them out of the water!!!!!!!

It’s called being niche, exclusive and podcasting’s best kept secret 💅

Lest we forget:

Wales in JESC. Debut in 2018. Finished: 20/20, in 2019: 18/19.

I think Europe is over our culture tbh. We just need to send a decent entry in any language.

Lest we forget:

Wales in JESC. Debut in 2018. Finished: 20/20, in 2019: 18/19.

I think Europe is over our culture tbh. We just need to send a decent entry in any language.

I knew about this, but I can't say I've heard the songs, were they any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom