United Kingdom 2023: Mae Muller - I Wrote a Song

How will it do?

• Total voters
Last year Zoe Ball played the 3 minute radio edit of Space Man in February and said we might be hearing "a lot more about Sam Ryder very soon" (much to @VoR's SCOFFS at the time that it was a theory :D), so there could be something in this. On the other hand this is a level of explicit rumour mongering that's a bit too on the nose that it probably isn't her.

Last year Zoe Ball played the 3 minute radio edit of Space Man in February and said we might be hearing "a lot more about Sam Ryder very soon" (much to @VoR's SCOFFS at the time that it was a theory :D), so there could be something in this. On the other hand this is a level of explicit rumour mongering that's a bit too on the nose that it probably isn't her.
Yeah but didn't she also "reveal" it was Chelcee Grimes some months after that :D

I had no idea she'd played Space Man way back in February though! I wonder if it was actually decided at that point or it was just an option?

I remember in an interview with Sam last year he said the UKs Eurovision team approached him in January, so that would line up.

Yeah but didn't she also "reveal" it was Chelcee Grimes some months after that :D

I had no idea she'd played Space Man way back in February though! I wonder if it was actually decided at that point or it was just an option?
The Zoe Ball remark was about 3 days before the entry reveal… everything was pretty much lined up and everyone briefed in by then.

We’ve a fair bit of road ahead of us yet I’d imagine.

I really, really hope it’s not her. To this day, the delivery of her one line in the 2014 Band Aid single feels like the punchline to a joke we weren’t let in on. It’s like George from Rainbow doing karaoke.

Reactions: COB
401f3342d03d8ada86a62910c59e6c67b074f989.gifv

🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️
🕯️ SAWAYAMA PRAYER CIRCLE🕯️
🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️

I'd prefer Rina, but after all the years of Engelbert Humperdinck, Electro Velvet, Michael Rice, Embers, and Wet Wet Wet rumours, I'm just taking a moment to appreciate that we're at a point where everyone is turning their nose up at Ellie Goulding :disco:

In fairness, Ellie Goulding is a ridiculously big name to be bandied about as our potential act, which is mint, it’s just that she doesn’t exactly exude the stage presence we should be aiming for this year.

I will, of course, shit a dozen bricks and declare her to be better than Christ if she actually turns out to be our act; such is my fervent nationalism during homosexual flotilla season.

I kind of liked a few of Ellie Goulding's songs before she decided to hand her career choices on to a focus group of people who find Radio 2 overstimulating.

I mean, that one fucks.

And the CHARISMA on display in the video :disco:

Outside is my favourite Ellie Goulding song and I can’t wait for her 3rd collab with Calvin Harris but please no not Eurovision.

I don’t understand why the UK needs an established act there is a lot more that a new artist, like Sam, can gain from it.

I love how stark Ellie Goulding's career trajectory shift was the moment she did a sellout Leona Lewis demo :D

To be fair there's been a couple of recent winners with similar on stage magnetism to Ellie.

Under The Sheets is indeed amazing.

I first saw her supporting Little Boots at a University gig. The charisma on stage that night ripped a hole in the space/time continuum.

I suspect AJ Odudu heavy lifting, Graham Norton top and tailing and running off to the commentary box in between, Rylan in the Green Room, beardy one from 2017 providing Ukrainian rep, and the Raven Queen staring IMPASSIVELY AND IMPERIOUSLY on the sidelines throughout :disco:

:disco: Rylan and R. Queen would make for a spectacularly odd couple on main presentation duties. I want THAT!

I’d kind of forgotten that it’s basically going to be a Ukrainian presentation but held here. SO RUDE! I hope R. Queen doesn’t set her crows on me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom