United Kingdom 2024: Olly Alexander - Dizzy

Left you Dizzy?

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it

Almost certainly absolute bollocks of course. Funny how a couple of years ago this would have been my gay fever dream, and now it would feel like a bit of a backwards step. (I'd still love it, of course).

She had her chance and wouldn’t do it

Some muttering that this might mean TAP are on the outs after Mae's underperformance. Again, probably bollocks though.

Some muttering that this might mean TAP are on the outs after Mae's underperformance. Again, probably bollocks though.
I doubt the discussions have even begun about next year? Sounds like the usual immediate post-mortem nonsense we get every year just to grab a couple of final headlines before everybody switches off. Didn’t we get Rina, almost immediately, last year? That ended up being bollocks too.

I doubt the discussions have even begun about next year?
Surely they should start THE MINUTE THE CONTEST ENDS!

I simply cannot countenance such flagrant disinterest and sloth :tongueout:

"Let's face it, Murder on the Dancefloor would win every time"

the-opoula-parapente.gif

I very much took to Måns after witnessing his SPEAK AS I FIND approach on that Eurovisioncast thing and was highly amused by his suggestion that Mae’s singing in the final “could have been nicer” :D:D:D

Here was me thinking we should probably send a black or Asian artist for the first time in over a decade, while the BBC are chasing the whitest person in history.
Have we ever sent an Asian artist? Unless you count Engelbert Humperdinck having been born in the British Raj.

Maybe this is Anne-Lie Rydé’s route back to glory. Give her a G:son / Boström and something to roll round on and the 12s for the UK will POUR IN!

Perhaps SVALA would like to represent us. A very commanding stage presence and highly unique look :disco:

Actually this year’s Icelandic flop had a lot of HER going on as in FAR TOO MUCH OF HER

Maybe this is Anne-Lie Rydé’s route back to glory. Give her a G:son / Boström and something to roll round on and the 12s for the UK will POUR IN!

Screenshot_20230511_205448_YouTube-removebg-preview.png

Det händer äntligen IDAG :o

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Here was me thinking we should probably send a black or Asian artist for the first time in over a decade, while the BBC are chasing the whitest person in history.

Yeah, it's Jesy Nelson's time.

Standard rumours the week after the contest = this person definitely won't do it.

And like BOLLOCKS have they even had a discussion about 2024 yet. :D

Standard rumours the week after the contest = this person definitely won't do it.

And like BOLLOCKS have they even had a discussion about 2024 yet. :D

They actually send out a smoke signal and reconvene the Eurovision council as soon as the party debris is swept away. First item on the meeting agenda - Fleur East?

I throw my support behind Mariette. As Linda B confirms she's one of those that will say yes to anything and the Mans option isn't available now that he's up for hosting duties.

I wonder how Mariette would have fared with IWAS...

Last edited:
Was Rina ever actually in the running? I mean, was there ever actually anything remotely concrete linking to her Eurovision :D It seems like the online fandom have taken this alternative reality and just ran with it

I can EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL that:

- Rina was approached and said no
- Birdie was approached and said yes
- They went with R MAE instead of (1) Birdie and because (2) the preferred song they had they couldn't find the right artist for
- I made this up

To be honest, I'm RIGHT HERE for SONIA 2024

RIGHT THE WRONGS OF MILSTREET YOU BASTARDS.

Can we send Padam Padam x

• Love
Reactions: COB
Would anyone like to see Bonnie Langford as the UK's entry for 2024?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom