Vitamin C - Graduation (Friends Forever)

As we go on...

• Total voters

KindaCool

Basic bopz plz
Do you guys remember this?

I still get kinda sad when I hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was never a hit here. I do love it however.

Vitamin C was such a bizarre pop star. She was literally about 40 and trying to compete with all the teen queens.

It was never a hit here. I do love it however.

Vitamin C was such a bizarre pop star. She was literally about 40 and trying to compete with all the teen queens.

She's like a blueprint for Bonnie McKee, right down to the cheap looking hair.

• Love
Reactions: VoR
This was played so much around the time of my actual graduations, high school and college, that it’s hard to even really think of it as a song you’d choose to listen to out of context. Almost like Christmas music

from wikipedia:

A new version of the song, titled "Graduation 2020 (Worst Year Ever)", was recorded in 2020 as a reflection on the year with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic. This version, created by Vizzy Hard Seltzer and Canadian advertising agency Rethink Communications, contains newly recorded lyrics from Vitamin C, who donated her appearance fee to several charitable organizations.

I never knew she was Amber von Tussle in Hairspray :o

This is an actual 10 and also a nostalgic 10, but the 11 of her career is THE ITCH

• Love
Her whole career is so random. There was also THIS which was big on The Box circa 2003 but ultimately never went anywhere.

Coincidentally I found her second album More in a charity shop the other day after only having a digital copy for years, and the hype sticker on the front boasts the hits "Smile" and "Graduation", two tracks they had tacked on from her first album :D Clearly this was from before The Itch became a surprise Australian top 6 hit

I also love how half her singles were tie-ins with completely forgotten films or tv shows, including this cheap crap from the soundtrack of a movie starring David Arquette and a bullmastiff

• Haha
Oh Marilyn you are speaking my language!

Her film career is equally beguiling. Post-Hairspray highlights including Dracula 2000, something called My X-Girlfriend's Wedding Reception also starring Debbie Gibson and BERNIE SANDERS ( :D ) and playing herself in forgotten teen classic Get Over It.

The latter featuring this truly execrable cover of September with Sisqo :D

It's poetic that she began her entertainment career playing Debbie Harry's daughter and (more or less) ended it by sampling Blondie on Last Nite

Really makes you think

• Care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom