What are you gaming? 2021

cb9d836feb9f6ea3590ae6514a803e4a.gif
Remember Dead or Alive and their BOUNCY BOBS?

OMG Virtua Fighter is BACK BABY* :disco:

Tekken to EAT SHIT at this news!

(*with a barely-altered port of an old PS3 game, but still)

We welcome our straight / bi-curious friends and their fascination for furries and bouncing boobs into this GAY CHAT FORUM with OPEN ARMS but just for a little THREAD BALANCE here's some Urien telling us how he plans to cup our crotches later tonight :love:

tenor.gif

I've finally given into the giraffe's demands and started playing the free trial of Final Fantasy XIV - I've created a giant hulk with pale blue skin, he is my son and I love him very much. The game is actually more fun than I thought it would be so far!

I tried it before a few months ago, but I lost my details so am trying again :eyes:

Did anyone bother with Resident Evil Village, then?

I finished the other day and loved it for the most part. A total homage to Resi 4, elements of 7 and nods to other entries. Utterly batshit, more than any other Resi I think, but the villains are brilliant and the way they're all segregated into different areas of the village. Lady Dimetrescu storming around the castle is quite something. Much less of a progression than 7 was, more of a celebration of the series as a whole.

I played on hardcore, for added torment, and once you get over the totally broken beginning segment, everything hits its stride. It's definitely actiony like RE4, but in this one I always felt like I was about to die and run out of ammo, everything was always "just enough". The section from the stronghold up to the final boss is utterly RELENTLESS. Totally gorgeous too. Not even going to bother pretending I understand the black mould story or ANY of it :D

And Miranda is a final boss that actually manages that rare feat of being the most difficult thing in the game, and arguably the most memorable. What a demented queen. "Die die die die die die die dieeeeee!" :disco:

I'm back into Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. What a fucking game :disco:

I think this is TOP TWENTY BEST VIDEOGAMES EVER for me, perhaps even TOP TEN :o. I love everything about it! I even found the artbook in some dusty old Mandarake in Japan and sometimes glance at it in awe. Brilliant game!

• Wow
Reactions: COB
I am, on a related note, ploughing through SMTIII in its new remastered form at the moment and it's such DOUR FUN. I love it. It's a game that feels a bit like homework but like FUN homework. It's also not THAT difficult after having played other SMTs.

Can someone recommend me a new switch game to invest in? I’m quite fussy but once I’m in, I’m all in. I’ve wasted months on Skyrim, Mario Odyssey and Lego Superheroes/City/Jurassic. My faves are open worlds and platforms. Zelda is up my street but I just couldn’t get past those early stages, it wasn’t as intuitive as Skyrim for some reason.

any ideas?

I believe The Witcher 3 is on Switch if you want open world.

Also it’s not open world but I highly recommend Slay the Spire (which is also on phones). I’ve sunk endless hours on it in the last 2 months.

Also it’s not open world but I highly recommend Slay the Spire (which is also on phones). I’ve sunk endless hours on it in the last 2 months.
I shall look into both! I’ve heard about Witcher and had that recommended before. Thanks

Be warned with the Witcher, it's gameplay, and combat especially, is horrific. It's carried by the world and story but i just couldn't get past how terrible it was to actually play.

This reminds me that I've got a hankering to play Final Fantasy Tactics again, but the question is, how!
Oh it's tricky nowadays! The PSP version has extra stuff and a better translation, but they also stretched it out to widescreen in a really ugly way and there's a weird annoying slowdown thing whenever anyone does a spell or skill :( If you have a hacked PSP or Vita you can fix both of these issues though, I did it so long ago I forget the specifics but if you look up 'livepatch' you should find the right stuff :o I wish they'd remaster it on current consoles, I'd definitely play it for thousands of hours all over again.

The PS1 version does have its charms though, I particularly love the corny little quotes characters would randomly say when doing magic and stuff (they removed these from the PSP port :().

Be warned with the Witcher, it's gameplay, and combat especially, is horrific. It's carried by the world and story but i just couldn't get past how terrible it was to actually play.

I think I’ve been spoiled by Skyrim. It’s so wonderful. Even though it’s old now and probably nothing special to avid gamers, I found the whole thing so next level in terms of playability, immersion and style. I’d rather they just kept expanding that. Was hoping some more extension packs might come out but I think that’s all finished now - probably focused on the next one which seems to have been in development forever.

will probably be a completely different game with all the latest innovate technology and I’ll HATE it :D

FFT vs Tactics Ogre. WHO WINS?

I think Tactics Ogre is a better GAME (especially the PSP remake with all the additions) but I like the DRAMA of FFT a bit better, even if the second half the game goes a bit the way of MAGIC CRYSTALS.

TO is probably the better strategy game, but I do find it VERY HARD (not that that's necessarily a bad thing :tongueout:) - FFT has more charm for me, possibly because I played it first but I do love all the FF trappings :disco:

Also the ending of FFT is BRUTAL in a way I can't remember any other game ever finishing. I last played it +10 years ago but I remember vividly the day I did because it has HAUNTED me since.

• Love
Reactions: COB
@funky if you're looking for something to scratch the Skyrim itch, how about one of the other Elder Scrolls games? They're not on Switch unfortunately, but if you got an Xbox I think you could play both Morrowind and Oblivion via the backwards compatibility feature.

@funky if you're looking for something to scratch the Skyrim itch, how about one of the other Elder Scrolls games? They're not on Switch unfortunately, but if you got an Xbox I think you could play both Morrowind and Oblivion via the backwards compatibility feature.

I don’t unfortunately, I think they’d be ideal because I’m already familiar with TES lore, so wouldn’t have to do all that onboarding that goes with a new open world.

I also used to love Tomb Raider because that was before open world but the maps were big enough that you could explore while on the journey. Doom was good too back in the day, running through all the mazes and looking for keys to locked doors and shit. I don’t like anything too dense usually. I mean I’m glad I took the time with Skyrim, it paid off, but I don’t usually have the patience. I’m such a half-hearted gamer!

Morrowind is a very different kettle of RPG than Skyrim but also easily my favourite of the series (which admittedly is part nostalgia)

I hope you get to try it, funks, just remember patience is a virtue

Anyone keeping up with the Blizzard lawsuit and subsequent fallout?

It's quite incredible stuff, and the details I've seen about what was going on were pretty gross. Like, it was heavily implied that one of the employees killed herself over the harassment she suffered :(

A bit late, but absolutely the same. I ploughed about 12 hours into it before i just gave up. I'm surprised i lasted that long, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom