Who is going to qualify from Semi-Final 2?

Direkt til final…

• Total voters
Oh it will. The art director went publicly very defensive of his staging and the kid is probably too happy to be there to raise any objections.

If Greece insist on being floporama, can they please go back to gorgeous/bewildering voter repellent like this instead?

Very safe

Slovenia
Lithuania
Austria - the staging doesn't look as good as I would've hoped, which is why I'm now leaning to Slovenia winning the semi

Likely but wouldn't be massively shocked by a NQ

Cyprus
Australia - I just don't think it's at Dami/Kate levels of winning over the "Australia isn't in Europe!!1" brigade, but I guess even Sheldon was a televote top 10 in the semi before getting little in the final
Armenia
Poland - the staging is serving and let's be honest, it's starting with 12 from the UK
Albania - it's Albania serving Albania, I don't know why more people don't have it through

Borderline

Belgium - obviously love this but not too sure about what we've seen of the rehearsal, I don't really like his styling
Denmark
-
Georgia - can see this being a shock nq, it's just a bit much on first listen
Iceland
Estonia - I think Moopy will get their way over the Twitter loons, it's just a bit too boring when there's no jury to give support

Dead dead dead

Greece
Romania
San Marino

Georgia is fucking excellent.
I choose to interpret the constant shouting, lack of cohesion and random background noises of the Georgian entry as a subtle hommage to the halcyon days of Samanta Tina.
11/10 😍:queenofthenight:

Armenia and Lithuania have grown on me massively since my first listen yesterday.

I'm not sure about Belgium - if it gets through I'd say it's borderline and I'm going with a grim 11th. It has the benefit of being one of the few uptempos, but it's quite a load of old shit itself really.

Australia
Armenia
Estonia
Slovenia
Georgia
Austria
Cyprus
Denmark
Lithuania
Albania
--------------

Belgium
Iceland
Greece
Poland
San Marino
Romania

I really hope that unlistenable shite from Denmark flops spectacularly and Belgium or Poland sneak in instead.

I'm going with Albania just grabbing a place but it's going to be close

It’s definitely NOT not qualifying either way

Poland are absolutely going to WALK this semi. Parts of the fanbase online need to CATCH UP with the BEJBA BONANZA!

Austria is starting to feel like a fanbase in-joke than a genuine contender. Not to mention they have minus chemistry and horrendous styling. They'll be through but bomb in the final.

This Semi is literally SO POINTLESS as I genuinely can't see ANYTHING hitting the top 10 on Saturday aside from Poland and perhaps Armenia at a push - and we are talking TENTH PLACE at best for either.

DEFFO QUALIFYING:
Poland (and likely to win the semi by a reasonable margin)
Armenia
Australia (but a total bomb in the final considering Germany have essentially sent THE SAME ENTRY)
Slovenia
Albania (through sheer PROFESSIONALISM, and I think the family gimmick is quite powerful and currently underrated in its appeal)
Estonia (very little appeal to UK viewers, but I think will pick up points from the East. She is WIDE EYED, WAILING and 100% SINCERE!)
Austria (a total bomb in the final though)

TOSS UP:
Belgium (just unsure who will actually vote for it. It's a BIT MUCH for a lot of Europe, and not a particularly strong song)
Lithuania (again, a VERY weird entry and unsure who the audience is. Likely will qualify mainly via diaspora vote)
Georgia (literally WHO KNOWS about this haunting screamathon. Not a strong voter base for Georgia so will rely on people actually connecting to the performance :eyes:)
Iceland (Sia is popular I guess?)

Oh WHO CARES!
Cyprus
Denmark
Greece
Romania
San Marino

Austria will ABSOLUTELY bomb in the final

Tarot says that the ladies will be proud to come 18th :disco:

This Semi is literally SO POINTLESS as I genuinely can't see ANYTHING hitting the top 10 on Saturday aside from Poland and perhaps Armenia at a push - and we are talking TENTH PLACE at best for either.

DEFFO QUALIFYING:
Poland (and likely to win the semi by a reasonable margin)
Armenia
Australia (but a total bomb in the final considering Germany have essentially sent THE SAME ENTRY)
Slovenia
Albania (through sheer PROFESSIONALISM, and I think the family gimmick is quite powerful and currently underrated in its appeal)
Estonia (very little appeal to UK viewers, but I think will pick up points from the East. She is WIDE EYED, WAILING and 100% SINCERE!)
Austria (a total bomb in the final though)

TOSS UP:
Belgium (just unsure who will actually vote for it. It's a BIT MUCH for a lot of Europe, and not a particularly strong song)
Lithuania (again, a VERY weird entry and unsure who the audience is. Likely will qualify mainly via diaspora vote)
Georgia (literally WHO KNOWS about this haunting screamathon. Not a strong voter base for Georgia so will rely on people actually connecting to the performance :eyes:)
Iceland (Sia is popular I guess?)

Oh WHO CARES!
Cyprus
Denmark
Greece
Romania
San Marino
In what world is the German entry the same as the Australian song? For a start the latter doesn’t cause me to bring up my dinner and wonder why the song is so laughably flimsy

I can well imagine Austria doing very well with a younger demographic. I'm just not convinced how much they actually vote.

Assuming Lithuania polled so well due to showing BASIC COMPETENCE in the arena, rather than likelihood of people RUSHING to their phone to vote for it

THRILLED that Albania went down well though. It NEEDS to be in the final :disco:

Did someone mention that Bell and Tinker (or whatever the Austrians are called) appear to hate each other? Perhaps we’re in for an ABLISA moment :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom