Women’s Euro 2022

So the idiots in the country can go in to the same hilarious meltdown about a silly game because we always lose to Germany on penalties, don’t we?
Oh GET A FUCKING GRIP

A big win for women with the unmistakeable voice of DAME ANNIE LENNOX in the background - they finally understand you Annie!
And now Belinda!

Im in America so the only thing on TV is Unconscionably Slow Sportball and I can't believe I'm only just finding out England have WON :disco:

It's almost like having several sponsorship deals and a fuckload of money has sapped the men's game of the drive and hunger the women have.

I must say I’m VERY happy that the streets are quiet and cars aren’t honking horns around like they do for the mens game. Couldn’t even hear my TV last year from the street noise. Well done girls, now if the BBC could air the Netball for the Commonwealth Games I’d be grateful. That was really exciting last time.

I mean, Sarina will take them to the World Cup next year and Southgate’s contract runs out after Euro 2024. I’d be more than happy for her to take over after 🤷‍♀️

Screaming at the Barbra Streisand level of insanity that is Geri and her commitment to never being photographed in any colour but white. :D

Reactions: GNL
Insane viewing figures last night. 17.4 million + 5.9 million. Over 23 million! It is honestly astonishing the speed at which Women's Football has exploded.

Most watched program this year. Surely up there with the mens games in terms of numbers.

I saw a few tweets by angry gammons how they're fed up with the coverage on the BBC and the Guardian, citing it is as pushing a woke agenda. 23 million viewers and every newspaper front page shows that agenda was very welcome.

Reactions: GNL
Most watched program this year. Surely up there with the mens games in terms of numbers.
29 million watched last years EURO final, the fourth most watched TV broadcast ever in the UK!

29 million watched last years EURO final, the fourth most watched TV broadcast ever in the UK!
23 million is still very impressive. The sponsorship deals are going to skyrocket. I quite fancy going to a match. I've always had a passing interest, but the male game was always so toxic. Admittedly the mens team have been detoxicified to a certain degree, but the fanbase is still rancid.

Related music in the charts

#8 Sweet Caroline
#17 Freed From Desire
#24 Three Lions
#35 The Wall

Reactions: COB
I’ve always said the same. I’ve followed Everton since I was a kid and when people say “but why don’t you ever go the match?” And my response is always “because football supporters”

I think it’s changed a bit now but growing up it was 99% men in the stands and it was gross. The racism and homophobia was like nothing I’ve ever heard before or since.

I used to go to matches as a kid in the 1980s and enjoy them. But we sat in a family area and were largely shielded from the worst (although Crystal Palace fans were normally a pretty safe crowd). We were once harassed on a tube train which I'll never forget.

I lost interest as a teenager at the point hormones arrived and music became my love. As I found my own passions, I only watched major tournaments. I totally gave up and actively hated football while I worked in a LADS LADS LADS office. I also found most of the footballers to be terrible people and of course the fans were cunts.

I don't know what changed in recent years. Southgate managing a fairly decent bunch of guys has certainly helped. The match at the weekend was absolutely refreshing and a wake up call that I can do something I enjoyed as a kid without feeling uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom