Women of R&B 2023

Say Less and Don't Even Think About It are my current FAVES BTW

I hope this wasn’t supposed to be the follow up Toni collab and she’s backed out. I still need that album!

It’s a bit too much early 00s, I was hoping for something more 90s, but Say Less and Keeps On Fallin’ are great on first listen

I can't place what that reminds me of... Probably the most memorable thing I've ever heard by her though

Fucking love HER… she didn’t pop up on my radar though so I’ll have to check I’m following her!

Will have a listen tonight.

“Hard Place” remains one of my favourite R&B songs of the last 10 years, and if anyone hasn’t yet seen her tribute to Prince performing The Beautiful Ones yet, do yourself a favour. This girl definitely has IT.

These ladies deliver EVERY TIME :disco:

I’m very upset at how low their YouTube/Spotify numbers are

I simply cannot RAVE ENOUGH

Shigella has a lot to answer for

Agree! Let’s get them to over 9k streams funks 🥴

It's a jam, that's for sure. I wanna be at that party lol Did you see the size of that joint?!

Now obsessed with this song that has crept up on me slowly the last few months. I hadn't heard of either Rimon or Rini before this year, now actively following both

Such a SUMMER bop too ☀️

I've been quietly enjoying this new artist this year, and she just dropped an album. "Already Yours" is one of my favourite songs of the year. Fans of the Naked Music neo-soul sounds such as Lisa Shaw and Gaelle will like this.

In the absence of a Men of R&B thread... this whole video is fabulous but MY GOD the rendition of Can We Talk from 13:40 :o:o:disco::disco::disco::horny:

Been a while since we've heard from Keyshia... this is gorgeous Neo-Soul, and a 70s soul lounge throwback.

Now obsessed with this song that has crept up on me slowly the last few months. I hadn't heard of either Rimon or Rini before this year, now actively following both

Such a SUMMER bop too ☀️

Love this. Going straight on my summer playlist. Sultry

I love the lyrics to it and the way she sings it

Sip on that Pina Colada
He got that bucket hat Prada
Rhythms by Carlos Santana

😎

That's not bad but @dUb let me tell you how much the previous single has grown on me... OMG I fucking love it. Those 90s harmonies over the 80s production is EVERYTHING

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Yessssssssssssss isn’t it brilliant 😍

Whenever they play some tiny venue in London, we must attend

Neo-soul kween Leela James has released a second track in as many months and I hope it means a new album is coming. Love this

New album from these THROWBACK R&B QUEENS!

I'm enjoying this... I dismissed the single "Upside Down" as a bit run of the mill but it has got under my skin in a big way - definitely a grower. The album is the usual mix of retro R&B and trend chasing R&B and as always I prefer the former. Best tunes are Upside Down, Ego, High, Pretty and The Way.

Takuta and Solo are the big tunes on there and will appeal to a younger crowd. I prefer her groovy stuff.

New songs from two of my faves... they're both nice but they haven't popped yet... holding out that they will, both artists often release understated growers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom