Wonka

Chocolate or dog shite?

• Total voters
Wendy Williams Meme GIF

Has he got a new stylist? It’s been constant BOOTS since the end of the strike.

seeing the trailer for this before Beyoncé yesterday was very revealing. not a single soul laughed or even chuckled, but many were whispering along the lines of: WTF is this?

it actually looks bad. it barely seems to have any connection to the original characters or story beyond him being named Willy Wonka and making chocolate?

Saw this last night. Its FUN for Xmas. Reminded me more of Oliver Twist.

It's really good. The first half hour I thought it might be a 10/10 but it tailed off. I wanted more SHOP and less GROT, but there you go. And the ballady bits are a bit snoozesome.

But overall, I loved it, and sets it up nicely for a reboot of the original. Chalamet is marvellous as well- totally lights up the screen and is missed whenever he's not there.

The NAYSAYERS in here without seeing it though... :D

Not nice to say, but having heard Timmy's version of 'Pure Imagination' I am more convinced than ever that twinks should be seen and not heard.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
It was alright. I thought the singing was a bit cringe and the story was a bit hollow. I don’t think I’ll be watching it again in a hurry tbh but the person I went with thought it was amazing so I think it’s mixed. I am biased though as (controversially) I really like the Johnny Depp one.

I found this watchable but underwhelming. Chalamet's decent, but never wowed me. The songs were fine overall, and I really liked the opening one (and it was SO relatable about how life in a city costs SO MUCH MONEY) and World of Your Own, but there's no future classic here.

Mostly though I just thought it was clear they really struggled to find a story, and therefore ended up with the drivel we have here. Chocoholic clergy and a secret vault beneath a cathedral? Go away and come back when you've got something for us to watch that isn't shit, please

As an aside, a chilling side-effect of a prequel being made in more enlightened times is that you now watch the original and wonder what TERRIBLE EVENT has taken place to cause all of the people of colour to disappear.

One can only assume that business partner Noodle is no longer on the scene in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory because he colluded with the fascists and handed her over :(

Last edited:
I wasn’t too impressed. Firstly they’ve done the same thing with Timothee Chalamet as they did with Emma Watson in Beauty and the Beast - hired a poor singer for a musical and auto tuned them to death.

I felt it needed to be trimmed down, and the back story of Noodle was shit and didn’t make sense. It seemed too engrossed in inserting as many cameos from British comedy actors than needed, and just lost its way.

"an injury I suffered, which I did not make public..."

well, you're not a public figure dear :D presumably it was an excessive masturbation malfunction

Is this like when Taylor Swift fans tried to campaign to break up her relationship because they knew best :side-eye:

(Although a Kardashian? REALLY?)

I don't know if I'd be in a rush to watch it again, but I though he leaned into just the right amount of Gene Wilder without completely copying him to make this feel connected enough to the original. I also quite liked all the shoehorned Brits too, still don't agree with Yank Wonkas but hey ho.

Hello all, I posted this tweet earlier today after blocking a troll comment at Twitter making a reference to a tired misleading lie about me at a public Q&A event that Timothée attended in late 2018 on his Beautiful Boy promotional tour. If you haven't read it, yet, please see below. Additional remarks will be posted after the tweet.

In light of the major gossip link to Timothée in the past year, there has been an increase in attacks against my character, my motivations, and the content I create for Club Chalamet. Before I get into addressing the context of the tweet above, I created Club Chalamet in early 2018 because it was made very clear to me that someone in my age group (anyone over 40 years old), was weird for being a fan of Timmy, and that being a fan of his was a symptom of some perverted interests that I may have had for him, and it just grossed out the really emotionally immature fans that I encountered beginning in late 2017 at the height of the release of Call Me By Your Name. I tried to ignore the rude comments, but by spring of 2018, I felt it was in my best interest to just create Club Chalamet so that I could host a place where like minded fans can engage with other older and mature fans to discuss Timmy and his career. From the very beginning, I have made it clear that I just admired Timothée Chalamet for his talent and potential. I greatly respected his talent demonstrated in CMBYN, and as far as I was concerned, our 29 year age gap meant nothing when it came to just being a fan.

Throughout the past seven years of being a Timmy fan, I have been on the receiving end of unwarranted hate, dislike, disrespect, alienation, teasing, mocking, harassment, and attacked. That could take a mental toll on anyone, and I would be lying if I said that I was unbothered by the constant wave of outright disrespect and malicious campaigns of misinformation about me and the content I create for Club Chalamet. It has made me more defensive and protective of what I create for CC. I have had to alter security settings at twitter and Instagram to prevent or at least slow down, the attacks I still receive. Just by some people's nature, they enjoy being trolls and they have adopted beliefs about me that warrant them to frame me in a certain way to make me unlikeable, they also spread their negative feelings about me to others, and those others adopt negative beliefs about me based on what they heard, and so on.

My primary purpose in writing this post is to address the fabrication, or exaggeration, that Timothée ignored me at an event, namely, the Beautiful Boy Playa del Vista Cinemark Q&A event in October 2018. I was one of about 150 lucky fans to buy a ticket and attend this Q&A. This occurred about a month after I attended the Beautiful Boy redcarpet at TIFF. BTW, my hobby as a film reviewer, I have been a regular attendee of the Toronto International Film Festival since 2004. I was able to attend regularly because I used to live in Michigan, and I drove to Toronto regularly as I love visiting that city. And being a fan of film, it is fun being a fan of a select few actors/actresses and root for them during the critics/awards season. As an example, my girl crush is Emma Stone. But do I have a fan account for her? No. Do I follow major fan accounts of her? Nope. I just love her in my own way and I go see her films, and I was so damn happy when she won her second Oscar for Poor Things. So, one can be a hardcore fan of someone, but be at arms length in showing that appreciation on social media. Timothée is a bit different because I absolutely fell in love with CMBYN and his performance as Elio moved me deeply because I was just a year younger than his character was in the film during the year it was focused on - 1983. So I had a severe GenX (LOL!) reaction to the life of Elio Perlman, and as a straight woman who supports gay rights, I just fell in love with the love story, and CMBYN was the film that finally made me go visit Northern Italy in 2023.

In summary, I just want to share a timeline as best as I can recall, of when I met Timmy for the first time, up to the point where I can note as a milestone in where I shifted from 'fan' to 'Club Chalamet'. Because I have the fortune of living in the Los Angeles area, if there are public events I can attend where Timmy will do promotional work for his films, I will try to be there and I make no apologies for that. Deal with it.

1. I attended a LA Times Q&A with Timmy, Luca, Michael and Armie in November 2017 at Sherman Oaks, and was gobsmacked by the film. Timmy was there but I just saw him as a newcomer kid. Cute, but, a kid.

2. A week later, I saw the movie again and then it clicked inside me that, 'Hey, this kid is someone to watch and root for, he's going to be famous'. And I decided to start learning about him via Twitter and the internet and support him when I could.

3. I attended another Q&A with Timmy and Luca, but after, Timmy was ushered away pretty quickly, but I spoke with Luca to let him know how much I loved the movie. This was probably in Dec 2017.

4. I attended the Palm Springs Film Awards Gala where Timmy was being honored with an award and I briefly said Hi to him there. This was in January 2018.

5. Timmy won the coveted LA Film Critics award and he was in LA to receive that honor at a hotel down the road from Century City Westfield mall. I went to check out the red carpet, and the timing was just perfect. Not many fans were there because back then, people were still getting to know him, so the few of us there had a great time meeting him. I got a selfie and he signed by CMBYN magazine and I told him congratulations. He was very sweet. Brian and Peter were there, but I only spoke with Peter to congratulate him on the success of the film.

6. As a member of Film Independent, I voted for Timmy for the Best Actor. Back in those days, Film Independent relied on members to volunteer to help with the show. I volunteered, and by a miracle, I was placed in the guest arrival tent to give out white wristbands to the nominees. Well, well, well... Timmy came into the tent wearing his famous gas station attendant outfit, and as I was representing The Spirit Awards, I welcomed Timmy and handed him the white wrist band and I said good luck to him. I looked up into his eyes and he smiled at me and said, 'Thank you very much'. I met a lot of celebrities that day, a LOT, but I will never forget those 10 seconds with Timmy. He won the award, and as they all came out to go through the tent to get picked up by their sedans, Timmy passed by me again and I said, 'Yeah, congrats Timmy', and he giggled a little and said, 'Thank you so much'.

My experience at the award show prompted me to create this very Club Chalamet forum in April/May 2018, and then in June 2018 I created the CC Twitter account.

That summer, Timmy's agent followed CC and I knew then that I was doing something right with the community. I made it crystal clear that CC was needed for older fans because a lot of the younger fans didn't want to engage with an ancient person like me.

7. I attended TIFF in September 2018 to attend the Beautiful Boy red carpet. Got to see Timmy and he signed my Beautiful Boy book, which was also later signed by David Sheff and Nic Sheff at a separate LA event. I had a ticket to attend a Beautiful Boy screening at the 8pm screening, where there was a Q&A. The photo I use on my Twitter account is of Timmy on stage in Toronto.

8. Weeks later, this is where I attended the BB LA event which triggered this post. After the Q&A, all 150-200 people went up to the stage edge and Timmy took his time to meet everyone. Yes, I was directly in front of him during the Q&A, and we made eye contact because, hello, I was right THERE. Once the crowd came to the stage, naturally it was an overwhelming experience, but he handled it with such patience and care. We all were trying to get his attention, but he gravitated towards the crowd to my right. And he went all the way down, and then made his way back to where I was. I gave him a small jade bracelet and told him I hoped he enjoyed it. He told me 'You know I will'. Then I told him that I managed Club Chalamet, and his eyes bugged out like, 'Oh, that's you!', then that's when we hugged. So this is the event where I went from old lady fan, to CLUB FUCKING CHALAMET LADY.

9. I booked a trip to NY for my birthday (Sept 30) in 2019 many months in advance. My goal at the time was to do TIFF one year, and then do NYFF the other year, and so forth. Remember, I write film reviews. So I was in NYC for my birthday to attend NYFF for several days. But then The King red carpet premiere was announced to occur on Oct 1st, the day I was scheduled to fly back home. I promptly extended my visit by an extra day and got added onto the ticket - guest list. So I was able to see Timmy and he said hello and he signed my Club Chalamet tote bag as his people were pulling him away because he spent too much time with fans already.

10 BONUS - I had breakfast at Tompkins Square Bagels the Friday morning after I arrived in NY. I just went there with a friend. In fact, due to her late partying the previous night, she asked if we could push off breakfast for an hour and meet at 9:45 instead. I was fine with that. Low and behold, because of this delay, we were sitting inside the bagel shop talking and stuffing our faces when Lil' Timmy Tim bounced inside to pick up his phoned in order. I was in shock. We just stared up at the register looking at him. We didn't bother him because that would be too embarrassing and I wasn't prepared for this. He was standing there smiling, waiting for his bagel, then he went into super NYC walker mode and hopped out of the store. I couldn't even stop him if I wanted to as I was just like, WTF, is this an alternative universe situation? Anyway, I tweeted about it, and we finished eating our bagels. Only in NY.

The next time I would see Timothée in person was delayed due to the pandemic. Me and several friends had tickets to his 4000 Miles London play in May 2020, but that was all canceled.

11. I purchased my Coachella 2020 ticket eons ago and was all set to attend for my second time because Rage Against the Machine was headlining Saturday night. However, the pandemic canceled and pushed Coachella all the way to April 2022. When I learned that RATM had to pull out, I had a shit fit. I was upset. I waited two years, and 4 canceled events to see them, only to have Harry Styles replace them. I came thisclose to selling my ticket, but as the world was opening back up again from the pandemic, and I'm someone who attends concerts, I decided to just go and have fun. Fuck it. Timmy attended the Oscars that year and there were sightings of him in Palm Springs weeks/days leading up to Coachella and I was beginning to wonder if he was going to attend. Well, Coachella Weekend 1 arrived and I had fun posting manifestation tweets and IG Stories to bump into Timmy at Coachella. Why not? No RAGE, a chance Timmy encounter will make up for it. LOL! I figured he would be attending the performance of Brockhampton so I went to the Sahara tent to watch the show and see what happens. There was only one entry/exit for VIPs, so after the show, I went to that entry/exit, and there was Timmy coming out. He was with friends and then a few girls said hello to him. I was so tired, dusty, and sore from a knee injury, but I went up to him and said, 'Hey Timmy, I'm Simone from Club Chalamet, I hope you're enjoying Coachella'. He put his arms around me and we started to walk together and he told me how much he appreciates all that I do for CC and that it really meant a lot to him, the fundraiser, and just my whole vibe. And I think I remember telling him how much I appreciated hearing that from him. Then he asked if I wanted a selfie, I was like sure. He pressed the button on my phone, and the rest is history. Just a sweet man. Weeks later I met his sister Pauline in Palm Springs at the Short Fest and she gave me a bear hug too and told me that Timmy says I'm cool. I tagged her in a few posts after I saw her at a Q&A for Sex Lives of College Girls and she liked my writing style and found it to be mature and supportive, and that's when she reached out to Timmy to get the 411 on me and he told he I was kosher.

12. And the latest opportunity I had to see/meet Timothée was at the LA Wonka redcarpet premiere. I couldn't get tickets from the useless 1iota, so I figured I would just go to the location to take set up pictures and then go see Godzilla Minus One. I did write a congratulations note the night before, maybe it was a subliminal manifestation gesture, but I figured it's better to have a short hand written note just in case... you know, like insurance. But when I arrived at the red carpet at about 10am on that Sunday, they were still setting up and the autograph collector people were camped out there and a few fans. I was like, what, that's it so far? So, I figured, let me use the restroom at Starbucks and then pick a spot. I guess I was destined to stand in the right spot because hours later when Timothée arrived, he got out of the car and made a beeline to me. I gave him my note and in the chaos I was almost pushed over because I was like his first contact. And then we took a photo. I think I remember him saying 'Hey Simone' as he approached me, he definitely was smiling and he said something. It was pure chaos and then it was over.

I didn't mean to write War and Peace, but for my peace of mind, I really need to share my truth about the creation of Club Chalamet, why I had to create it, and how Timmy and his people came to know of Club Chalamet and me, and that I'm in good standing with him and his people, and I'm so incredibly honored by this. I'm not his friend, I'm not an associate, I'm not a trusted business partner, I'm just me, I'm just a fan of Timothée Chalamet and my hard work is here for everyone to see and come to understand why I'm still standing.

Thanks for reading. (typos will be corrected later - gotta work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom