Years and Years

I enjoyed it, but it was definitely quite silly at points - the stuff at the camp was reminiscent of the finale of about five different RTD-written Doctor Who episodes :D The final scenes weren't where I expected things to go, but it was quite a sweet way to leave things I thought.

I enjoyed it, but it was definitely quite silly at points - the stuff at the camp was reminiscent of the finale of about five different RTD-written Doctor Who episodes :D The final scenes weren't where I expected things to go, but it was quite a sweet way to leave things I thought.

The guards in the camps all had guns! Why would they not just shoot the lot of them :D

I liked the last episode, despite, yes it being ridiculous in places.
Got me quite emosh, too

The more I think about those final scenes with Edith, I wonder how long Davies has been thinking about that subject of how people face death and the possibility of keeping someone 'alive' with technology. His partner died last year after battling cancer for years (he was the dedication at the end), and it must have been so tempting to write in something unambiguously feel-good like showing the treatment definitely working. Instead it was left unanswered, AND we got that speech from Edith just before basically saying "this thing you're doing, you do know it won't REALLY be me don't you?".

Well if that's the highlight of the series I think I'll pass.
I mean I wouldn't really judge the whole thing on the moments when Russell T Davies does his standard soapbox bollocks.

The more I think about those final scenes with Edith, I wonder how long Davies has been thinking about that subject of how people face death and the possibility of keeping someone 'alive' with technology. His partner died last year after battling cancer for years (he was the dedication at the end), and it must have been so tempting to write in something unambiguously feel-good like showing the treatment definitely working. Instead it was left unanswered, AND we got that speech from Edith just before basically saying "this thing you're doing, you do know it won't REALLY be me don't you?".

Yeah I thought this too - It was almost saying no matter how advanced technology gets, its memories, love and family etc. that prevail. That's what I thought the message of the bonkers last bit was anyway.

That past episode practically ruined the whole series for me. Utter horseshit.

Just finished this, and omg how overly dramatic and ridiculous it was in places. I still enjoyed it though, even the end is not that bad if a little bit rushed indeed. Episode 4 was the best.

I don’t know if we’ve been watching the same show but I found this to be ridiculous, un-exciting and most of the time it was really testing my patience.
The dystopic subject is of course horrifying, but the way it was written and excuted turned it into something camp and silly.

I hated Victor and I especially hated that dreadful cyber obsessed daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom